Mock drafting - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mock drafting

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mock drafting

Postby Saltydog » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:23 am

The dilemma I have with participating in a mock draft are the keeper rules in my league.

I deliberately avoid drafting my own keepers, knowing I have them in my pocket.

With 2 keepers each in a 12 team 5x5 roto league, the availability of certain players may skew what I truly will be able to choose from come draft day.

Is there a mock draft where keepers can be taken into consideration?

For example, if Matt Kemp, Grady Sizemore, and Troy Tulowitzki are keepers (just to name 3), does a mock draft site exist where those players can be removed from a draft board so the eligible talent is real?
Saltydog
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 143)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mock drafting

Postby mocabeenow » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:28 pm

I remember a program someone made from here in the cafe, where you can set up your own perimeters and own rankings. You basically draft against abunch of computers going of your rankings. anybody remember that? it was downloadable. hmmm. I'll do some searching.

I haven't had time in the last few years to be a regular here, so it was probably two or three years ago..

~Moc
mocabeenow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 191)

Postby ensanimal » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:13 pm

mocabeenow wrote:I remember a program someone made from here in the cafe, where you can set up your own perimeters and own rankings. You basically draft against abunch of computers going of your rankings. anybody remember that? it was downloadable. hmmm. I'll do some searching.

I haven't had time in the last few years to be a regular here, so it was probably two or three years ago..

~Moc

I think this is what you are looking for...

xeifrank wrote:My 2010 Download is now available.
vr, Xei
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 108)

Postby xeifrank » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:09 pm

Yes, with my Mock Draft program listed above, you can easily practice a mock draft with keepers. Just setup your league config file then start a draft (manually drafting for all teams). Place all the keepers on the appropriate team(s) then save this off as a partially completed draft. Now any time you want to do a mock draft simply load this partially completed draft file and draft vs the computer(s). I still need to create and upload a 2010 ADP file, which can be used to have the computers draft from - instead of computer generated rankings. Drafting vs the ADP file makes the other teams draft more realisticly. If your keepers are pegged into certain rounds, which means different teams don't draft in different rounds, there is a way to setup your own draft order that the computer will follow. All those instructions are at the blog - and if not just email me with any questions or leave questions at the blog.
vr, Xeifrank
Author of: 2013 Mock Draft Software
Author of: Dodger Sims
Author of: The Sober Angels
Author of: Xei On Sports
xeifrank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Baseball Leftovers