Jason Heyward - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Jason Heyward

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Jason Heyward

Postby Merrick65 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:12 am

.280-20-80-80-15...

He will be considered a major BUST given all the hype I'm seeing. Although, I think that would be an unfair label as this is a very nice season for a rookie; especially of his age.

But really, these ridiculous people expecting .330-30-100-100-25 need to pull it together. Doesn't happen like that even if you are a "generational talent."
Merrick65
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pizzaboy76 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:51 am

Pujols came in with similar fanfare and did ok his rookie year; 112/37/130/1/.329
pizzaboy76
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 71)

Postby kaiser » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:42 am

I don't remember this kind of hype around Pujols before his rookie season, but maybe I am just forgetting what it was like. Was he getting buzz like this? I thought he kind of came out of nowhere.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 306)

Postby McStallen » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:36 am

I have seen this kind of hype before with the Braves' outfielders and it has always back-fired on Bobby Cox...

Do you remember the hype that Francoeur got? He was rushed up before he learned any plate discipline, and still doesn't have any to this day- here's an old SI cover about Frenchy- The cover states "The Natural: Atlanta Rookie Jeff Francoeur is off to an Impossibly Hot Start: Can Anyone be this Good?"
http://vivalavidro.files.wordpress.com/ ... _large.jpg

Remember the hype that Jordan Schafer got last year? He was rushed up, had a hot start, and has had similar problems as Francoeur

Now Heyward appears to be a much more elite prospect with far better plate discipline, but I think the Braves should have waited until at least June to call him up- he's only 20 and a little more minor league work would benefit him and the Braves in the long term, but Bobby Cox loves to try out his new toys in the OF, and I think this is a major flaw

The Braves used to be a solid organization, but have done better than 3rd place in the NL East since '05- I think it is safe to question their judgment on these types of issues

I still like Heyward a lot, but I think he's getting too much hype and is not a great value in most fantasy drafts
McStallen
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby kaiser » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:59 am

McStallen wrote: here's an old SI cover about Frenchy- The cover states "The Natural: Atlanta Rookie Jeff Francoeur is off to an Impossibly Hot Start: Can Anyone be this Good?"

Hmmm... I feel like I've seen this SI cover somewhere before, very recently... :-D
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 306)

Postby stcardinal » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:43 pm

I drafted him late in the rounds. If he plays the entire season I don't see him doing any worse than .260... 22 hrs... and 58-68 runs and rbis. Of course, I'm hoping he rakes a .300 and crushes 30 dingers.
stcardinal
College Coach
College Coach

Postby KronJon » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:15 pm

kaiser wrote:
McStallen wrote: here's an old SI cover about Frenchy- The cover states "The Natural: Atlanta Rookie Jeff Francoeur is off to an Impossibly Hot Start: Can Anyone be this Good?"

Hmmm... I feel like I've seen this SI cover somewhere before, very recently... :-D

sdevito is a d-bag
KronJon
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Y`s Guy » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:21 pm

Heyward has a case of de shin splints. A very annoying injury. Held out of his ST game on Sunday.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 277)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates