League Rules - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Cold Stove League

League Rules

Moderators: smoovethug, RocketsDWM

Re: Constitution/Final Rules 2010 Season

Postby Fade2White12 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:18 pm

fezzik wrote:
Fade2White12 wrote:I'm not saying to abolish the 4 year rule or to allow you to keep a bunch of guys. I just think the league would benefit by not having a complete flood of players hitting the league at one time. If you knew that you could possibly protect 1-2 guys for longer than 4 years, would you have altered your draft strategy? I wouldn't have.

No, I wouldn't have. That definitely sounds like something to consider, but you said "handful"...so you can't blame me for thinking 4-6. Maybe I just have bigger hands than you. :-b

I guess you're right, since I did say handful. But I guess I can blame you for not reading the second half of that statement where I gave an actual number - 1+. When I say 1+, you think half a dozen? ;-7

And I have hands like tennis rackets.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby fezzik » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:40 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:
fezzik wrote:
Fade2White12 wrote:I'm not saying to abolish the 4 year rule or to allow you to keep a bunch of guys. I just think the league would benefit by not having a complete flood of players hitting the league at one time. If you knew that you could possibly protect 1-2 guys for longer than 4 years, would you have altered your draft strategy? I wouldn't have.

No, I wouldn't have. That definitely sounds like something to consider, but you said "handful"...so you can't blame me for thinking 4-6. Maybe I just have bigger hands than you. :-b

I guess you're right, since I did say handful. But I guess I can blame you for not reading the second half of that statement where I gave an actual number - 1+. When I say 1+, you think half a dozen? ;-7

And I have hands like tennis rackets.

Oh, I read the rest but that only made it a more confusing. You say handful followed by 1+, which could be any number equal to or greater than 1. 1+ isn't an actual number by the way. Handful is more specific than 1+. :-D

I'm sorry about your hands...it must be hard to pick things up, but quite easy to beat the crap out of people...and to play tennis of course. ;-D
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Fade2White12 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:01 pm

fezzik wrote:Oh, I read the rest but that only made it a more confusing. You say handful followed by 1+, which could be any number equal to or greater than 1. 1+ isn't an actual number by the way. Handful is more specific than 1+. :-D

I'm sorry about your hands...it must be hard to pick things up, but quite easy to beat the crap out of people...and to play tennis of course. ;-D

Don't make me take back that comment I made about me finding you fascinating.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)

Postby Grounded Polo » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:04 pm

I think some way to extend the keeper time to strictly guys you either called up from the minors or picked up from FA would be an interesting twist.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby fezzik » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:09 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:
fezzik wrote:Oh, I read the rest but that only made it a more confusing. You say handful followed by 1+, which could be any number equal to or greater than 1. 1+ isn't an actual number by the way. Handful is more specific than 1+. :-D

Don't make me take back that comment I made about me finding you fascinating.

:-D

Just trying to be funny...I'm still learning how to do that. It's a process.
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby RocketsDWM » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:52 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:Honestly, what I'd like to see is some way to protect a handful of our players, like being able to "franchise" 1+ once their 4 years are up.

I wouldn't be opposed to a "franchise tag" for two players. Anymore than that I think would be too much. These franchise players would have to be at the end their four years though and then once the franchise tag is lifted (and the player is at the end of the four years) they would be re-entered into the draft.
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)

Postby AussieDodger » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:25 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:
Fade2White12 wrote:Honestly, what I'd like to see is some way to protect a handful of our players, like being able to "franchise" 1+ once their 4 years are up.

I wouldn't be opposed to a "franchise tag" for two players. Anymore than that I think would be too much. These franchise players would have to be at the end their four years though and then once the franchise tag is lifted (and the player is at the end of the four years) they would be re-entered into the draft.

I think this is making it more complicated then it needs to be.
I don't mind if there is a flood of talent after a few years.
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby RocketsDWM » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:21 pm

Ok, made some changes to the rules. I think the list now represents a solid foundation going forward. A couple of highlights (please refer to original post for full details):

-Owners can have up to eight MiLB keepers each year. But, after the keeper list is due, owner's are permitted to add an additional four players. They can acquire these players via trade or free agency. So, during the year, owner's have the ability to have an MiLB roster of 12. This roster must be scaled down to eight once the keeper lists for the next season are due. Honestly, I dont foresee a lot of free agency pickups considering prospects must be on Yahoo's database and our MiLB draft will snatch most of the prospects that Yahoo will consider adding anyways. But this enhances roster flexibility in case some want to trade picks.

-I got rid of the rule that you must promote a player as soon as he reaches the 50/130 plateau. That was a nonsense rule that should not have been included in the first place. Apologies on that - was not completely thinking it through.

-The formats for both of the drafts remained as originally stated.

-Franchise tags will not be included. I think a flood of talent after the four years will be an interesting twist that will test some managerial skills.

I think I covered all of the issues. Again, feel free to post here and continue any discussions.

Cheers ;-D
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RocketsDWM » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:23 pm

Oh, and since is the first year of the MiLB system, starting now you can acquire up to four MiLB draft picks that would expand your roster to 12.

Hopefully everyone can review the rules and post concerns as needed.
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RocketsDWM » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:34 pm

I don't think I quite spelled this out (probably not necessary but I will anyways). The keepers that were kept this year can be kept for an additional three years after this year. Just making sure everyone is on the same page. So, for me, I can keep Mark T this year, next year, the year after that and then finally the year after that.
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to Cold Stove League