AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Constitution/Final Rules 2010 Season

Postby Grounded Polo » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:30 pm

Hmm, I figured trading a guy lets the new owner keep their acquired player for 4 years if they want?
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby fezzik » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:33 pm

I've never played with minor leaguers, so this might be a stupid question. Is the reason the MiLB draft is not a snake draft to give the bottom teams from the previous year a little extra chance at top prospects? Is this standard? I'm fine with it...just curious. ;-D
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:38 pm

fezzik wrote:I've never played with minor leaguers, so this might be a stupid question. Is the reason the MiLB draft is not a snake draft to give the bottom teams from the previous year a little extra chance at top prospects? Is this standard? I'm fine with it...just curious. ;-D

I'm in a dynasty football league and this is how it works. Not saying that is the best approach but I figured for now, that is what I would put in there.
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)

Postby fezzik » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:41 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:Hmm, I figured trading a guy lets the new owner keep their acquired player for 4 years if they want?

That doesn't seem fair...then everybody would be forced to trade their studs before they were thrown back, since they would be worthless to hold onto but be very valuable as trade material.
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Fade2White12 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:25 am

List looks pretty thorough. Good job, Rockets. ;-D

Only question I have is there going to be an ability for in-season MiLB pickups? For example, if a non-owned prospect is called up to the majors and is added to Yahoo!, can he be added and demoted to my farm team, or are our MiLB rosters only able to be replenished through trades and the draft? If we are going to allow in-season pickups, I advise that we put a cap on the total amounts. In our dynasty, we limit it to 5 in-season pickups.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)

Postby Grounded Polo » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:41 am

fezzik wrote:
Grounded Polo wrote:Hmm, I figured trading a guy lets the new owner keep their acquired player for 4 years if they want?

That doesn't seem fair...then everybody would be forced to trade their studs before they were thrown back, since they would be worthless to hold onto but be very valuable as trade material.

Yeah, I was actually curious how this worked. Four years is a long time in fantasy land but wasn't sure if we should expect a boatload of talent to flood the draft in 2-3 years, was wondering if there would be any control of that or if things take care of themselves.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby RocketsDWM » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:49 am

Fade2White12 wrote:List looks pretty thorough. Good job, Rockets. ;-D

Only question I have is there going to be an ability for in-season MiLB pickups? For example, if a non-owned prospect is called up to the majors and is added to Yahoo!, can he be added and demoted to my farm team, or are our MiLB rosters only able to be replenished through trades and the draft? If we are going to allow in-season pickups, I advise that we put a cap on the total amounts. In our dynasty, we limit it to 5 in-season pickups.

Teams can have up to 8 MiLB players at a time. Now to allow for in-season pick-ups, team can keep less than eight players from the previous year to enhance their roster flexibility. So eight is the maximum but there is no minimum. This permits players to be picked up during the season, acquired via trade or drafted. If you keep your eight players from year to year then you would not receive any MiLB draft picks. Perhaps I should make this section clearer? Or is this explanation even clear?

Good feedback so far ;-D
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)

Postby Fade2White12 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:07 am

Thanks for the explanation, but there's still a little confusion. I understand fully the draft section, just about in-season moves.

If we can only have a maximum of 8 MiLB players on our roster, how can we make in-season moves? Do we have to post a message saying "I officially drop Player X" in order to make room for any move?
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)

Next

Return to Cold Stove League