New Fantasy Keeper League with farm system forming - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

New Fantasy Keeper League with farm system forming

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

New Fantasy Keeper League with farm system forming

Postby paw75 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:01 pm

I am looking for 5 owners to fill a fantasy keeper league. The scoring is a standard 5x5. The league will have a farm system. We will you Yahoo for the league unless a good argument is brought up for the use of another site. The draft will not be live. I have set up a message board to handle the MLB draft, the minor league draft, and to handle any other league business that may arise.

I am going to paste the League Constitution at the bottom of this thread. Look it over and if you see anything that may need to be looked at or tweaked (like the scoring) let me know and we can discuss it. Like I said the drafts will be done on the message boards and I will be creating a spreadsheet via google to help the draft along.

Here is the message board I started: http://pawskeeperleague.proboards.com/index.cgi

If you have never participated in a league like that, I think you will enjoy it. If you would like to participate, please email at pwhiteside75@gmail.com.

Here is the constitution/rules:

I. Mission Statement
A. To have fun playing fantasy baseball
B. To not compromise the fun of others through bad sportsmanship

II. League Format
A. H2H, 5x5 scoring, keeper format
B. 12 teams
C. Offensive categories: R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG
D. Pitching categories: W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP
E. Minimum innings pitched needed per week will be set at 30 IP.
F. Maximum number of transactions will be set at 150.
G. All in-season activity conducted via Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

III. Roster Sizes and Positions
A. 25 man MLB roster
B. 4 man Prospects roster
C. Hitting Positions - C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, OF, OF, OF, UT
D. Pitching Positions - SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, P, P, P
E. Bench Slots - 5
F. 2 DL slots
G. Position eligibility is based on standard Yahoo rules: 5 games started or 10 games played.

IV. Minor League Eligibility
A. Standard MLB rookie definition (130AB or less, 50IP or less)
B. Nippon League (Japan Pro Baseball), Cuban Defectors, and other international players are eligible for the Prospects draft only because they have no MLB experience.

V. Deadlines
A. Regular season trade deadline - Aug 16th 12:00AM PST
B. Off-season trade deadline - Nov 24th 12:00AM PST (one week before keeper deadline to allow one-week review of trades)
C. MLB keeper deadline - Dec 15th 12:00AM PST
D. Prospects keeper deadline - Dec 15th 12:00AM PST

VI. Keepers
A. 5 MLB keepers plus 1 exemption keeper
1. Exemption Keepers are batters that have less 1000 ABs
and pitchers with less than 175 innings pitched
B. 4 Minor keepers
C. Minor keepers must have 130 AB / 50 IP or less. If a minor league keeper prospect exceeds 130AB or 50IP, they can no longer be kept on your minor league keeper roster, and may only be kept as a major league keeper or exemption keeper if you choose to keep them.
D. Your farm player keepers may be promoted to or demoted from your major league roster during the entire season by adding them to or dropping them from your Yahoo roster regardless of whether they have exceeded the MLB rookie requirements (<130AB, <50IP) during the current season.

VII. Trades
A. In season trades can be reviewed and/or vetoed via the Yahoo system! Off-season trades should be posted on the "Trades for Review" board, and will be reviewed for 1 week before being considered completed.
B. In the event there is sufficient evidence for collusion any veto or trade approval may be canceled by the commissioner, however it is the official policy of this league that trades should stand as long as the trade isn't clearly one-sided.
C. All players, prospects, and draft picks may be traded at any point during the season or in the off-season.

VIII. Draft - MLB starts the 2nd Monday of each year / Prospect to follow
A. MLB draft will not include players with rookie status (less than 130 at bats or 50 innings pitched) or international. These players are reserved for the minor league draft.
B. MLB Draft will be conducted as a slow snake draft on this forum from last place team to first place team according to the previous season's regular-season standings.
C. Minor League Draft will start with the last place team according to the previous season's regular-season standings. It will be a slow snake draft also, will operate the same of the MLB draft, and will continue until all roster spots are full.

Each manager has 12 hours after the previous pick to draft their player. If they do not draft in the time the draft will continue without them, however they can make up that pick at any time. If a manager is consistently missing their picks, the commissioner may opt to replace that manager. During the draft, a manager may change their pick only before the next manager has chosen a player.

IX. Roster Changes
A. The initial waiver priorities will be determined by the previous season's reverse regular season standings, i.e., the last place team will have the first waiver priority.
B. Standard 2 day waiver period applies to all dropped players and all players not initially drafted (after the league is setup at Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball).
C. Roster changes will be daily.

X. Adding Unclaimed Prospects
A. Unclaimed prospects promoted to their parent club are free agents and can be claimed either through the waiver process or just a straight add (depending on their status).
B. No prospect on another teams minor league roster may be claimed, even if they're immediately promoted to their parent club and contributing.

XI. Other Rules
A. All Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball rules applicable here.

If you are interested please let me know. pwhiteside75@gmail.com

Thanks

Phillip
paw75
paw75
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Classifieds