Jose Reyes on Yahoo, SS only? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jose Reyes on Yahoo, SS only?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jose Reyes on Yahoo, SS only?

Postby Kegglers » Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:12 am

yahoo doesn't have reyes eligible at 2b. does anyone know if they will change it or does yahoo's stay the same all year?
Kegglers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2083
Joined: 16 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Playing 'Go Fish' at the casino.

Postby GiantFan666 » Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:30 am

He will gain eligibility at 2b after 15 games at the pos
GiantFan666
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 1588
Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Midwest Hell aka Omaha

Postby jebatzel » Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:58 am

yep

JB
jebatzel
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 3868
Joined: 15 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Carlisle, Pa

They need to fix the system

Postby metsfan05 » Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:33 pm

If Reyes is going to play second base all year (which he is), I think it's stupid that he has to play 15 games before he gets eligibility there. I mean, what about rookies? Why don't rookies have to play 15 major league games before you are allowed to use them? If a team announces during the offseason that a player is changing position, that should be enough to give him eligibility at said position.
metsfan05
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 81
Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: They need to fix the system

Postby canibus » Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:37 pm

metsfan05 wrote:If Reyes is going to play second base all year (which he is), I think it's stupid that he has to play 15 games before he gets eligibility there. I mean, what about rookies? Why don't rookies have to play 15 major league games before you are allowed to use them? If a team announces during the offseason that a player is changing position, that should be enough to give him eligibility at said position.


Write your local congressman :-D
canibus Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 981
Joined: 3 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: behind the dugout

Postby LBJackal » Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:43 pm

I like the way Yahoo does it. You can't just go around giving eligibility to everyone. It stays for the current season and the next season, so you should have to play 15 games to qualify. If Reyes switches to SS after 5 games, then he shouldn't have 2B eligility. For rookies it's different, because they have to be given eligibility to play somewhere. Like Phelps in 2002. That was awesome ;-D
Image

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 9196
Joined: 1 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Hotel Yorba

Postby eftda » Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:12 pm

LBJackal wrote:I like the way Yahoo does it. You can't just go around giving eligibility to everyone. It stays for the current season and the next season, so you should have to play 15 games to qualify. If Reyes switches to SS after 5 games, then he shouldn't have 2B eligility. For rookies it's different, because they have to be given eligibility to play somewhere. Like Phelps in 2002. That was awesome ;-D



What did they have for Phelps? Wasn't he also at Catcher?
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9790
Joined: 11 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KPucks » Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:12 pm

I agree with LBJ here. If you have Reyes to play second just go get a decent fill-in for 15 games.
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 1913
Joined: 6 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KPucks » Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:14 pm

eftda wrote:
What did they have for Phelps? Wasn't he also at Catcher?


I think he was C and 1B eligible at least in his rookie year.
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 1913
Joined: 6 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eftda » Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:15 pm

I drafted Reyes & Alomar, becuase i think Almoar will do better as the season goes on, and Reyes will be able to play SS if i am right about Alomar.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9790
Joined: 11 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: joiingds, neuronss and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 16
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Miami at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Cincinnati at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Detroit at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Cleveland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
LA Dodgers at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
San Francisco at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Seattle at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Texas at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Philadelphia at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact