Laynce Nix - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Laynce Nix

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Laynce Nix

Postby issyg67 » Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:21 am

This guy is having a bad Spring -- hitting less than .200. Is he going to be the full-time centerfielder for Texas? Any chance he'll split time.

I had him projected for 14-16 home runs, 60 RBI, 10 steals and an average of about .275.
issyg67
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby inkubus » Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:35 am

Who cares? He shouldn't be on any fantasy team.

As for him splitting time.. Alfonso playing center is a slim possibility.
inkubus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:08 am

I think that Nix has the CF job locked up right now, though if he's terrible, I can see them giving Ramon Nivar a chance. But I wouldn't expect that to happen right away. Maybe after a few regular-season weeks.

And he belongs on my fantasy team- though there are 20 teams and it's deeper than most.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby GameOn » Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:35 pm

I still think he will play. With Soriano staying at 2B, him and nivar are the only candidates for CF and nivar is still pretty young and has not proven himself during the season.
GameOn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby issyg67 » Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:28 pm

Hey, Inkubus, must be nice playing in your six-team ML league. Every squad is full of all-stars, right? What? You got Prior, Delgado, Sheffield and Boone in the first four rounds? Awesome, way to stay on top of your draft.

Try playing in a deep ML league or an AL/NL only league. Knowing the fourth outfielder is a must in those leagues.
issyg67
College Coach
College Coach

Postby LBJackal » Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:28 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:I think that Nix has the CF job locked up right now, though if he's terrible, I can see them giving Ramon Nivar a chance. But I wouldn't expect that to happen right away. Maybe after a few regular-season weeks.

And he belongs on my fantasy team- though there are 20 teams and it's deeper than most.

He's on my team too :-o

Although it's an 18 team keeper with 25 man rosters.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby El Jefe » Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:17 pm

inkubus wrote:Who cares? He shouldn't be on any fantasy team.

8-o Seems a wee bit harsh. I'm sure glad I traded him before this tidbit of data went public. :-°

Fotunatley, for the guy I traded him to, I expect him to put up decent numbers. His numbers should be similar to or maybe a bit lower than Darin Erstad's between 1998-1999. 275AVG, 17HR, 77RBI, 19SB. He's a gamer and reminds me of Erstad, so I thought I'd throw the comparison out there. Nivar's been optioned and I don't put too much stock in Spring training stats. He'll be the starter and I think he'll be solid.
El Jefe
College Coach
College Coach

Postby GameOn » Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:00 pm

Yeah I read this morning in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram that the Rangers have optioned Nivar to AAA and Nix is the starting CF.

So there you have it.
GameOn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby DieHardCubbie » Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:53 am

RotoWorld wrote:Rangers optioned outfielder Ramon Nivar and RHP Juan Dominguez to Triple-A Oklahoma.
Nivar went 5-for-17 this spring, but the converted second baseman needs some time in Triple-A to work on his defense in center. By June or July, he could get a chance to push Laynce Nix to a corner. Dominguez, the team's top pitching prospect, may also get his next opportunity right around then.

Yep Nivar is out and Lance is the man.... :-)
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby SOBO » Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:00 am

issyg67 wrote:Hey, Inkubus, must be nice playing in your six-team ML league. Every squad is full of all-stars, right? What? You got Prior, Delgado, Sheffield and Boone in the first four rounds? Awesome, way to stay on top of your draft.

Try playing in a deep ML league or an AL/NL only league. Knowing the fourth outfielder is a must in those leagues.

AMEN!
SOBO
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Leftovers