This years Lind, Wainwright, Zobrist, Coghlan - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

This years Lind, Wainwright, Zobrist, Coghlan

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: This years Lind, Wainwright, Zobrist, Coghlan

Postby Padsin05 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:03 am

BChad, ill go with you on just about all that stuff.

Just want to point out Blanks is a dead pull - straight away HR hitter, besides the deep left center ally, RH pull hitter can hit the ball out with ease

his power is there, he hit 21 hrs in San Antonio which is a much worse hitters park then Petco, now he has 2 good OBP guys in front of him (projected) in Gonzalez and Headley
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1540
(Past Year: 13)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: This years Lind, Wainwright, Zobrist, Coghlan

Postby B-Chad » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:25 pm

Padsin05 wrote:BChad, ill go with you on just about all that stuff.

Just want to point out Blanks is a dead pull - straight away HR hitter, besides the deep left center ally, RH pull hitter can hit the ball out with ease

his power is there, he hit 21 hrs in San Antonio which is a much worse hitters park then Petco, now he has 2 good OBP guys in front of him (projected) in Gonzalez and Headley


Thanks for the info about San Antonio. I thought I remembered him playing in a pitcher's ballpark in the minors, but wasn't positive, and didn't care to take the time to do the necessary searching :-b Definitely curious to see what Headley does with a full time job and at his natural position.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2213
Joined: 13 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: This years Lind, Wainwright, Zobrist, Coghlan

Postby Montana168 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:43 pm

while there won't be a "this yrs lind, wainwright, zobrist, coghlan", its always fun to predict who will be similar to them since, really, each player is valued differently have different backgrounds/value/production. but why not try...

Lind Award--1b/OF Matt LaPorta (if he is 100% by opening day, most reports seem to indicate he'll be that by the start of ST)

Wainwright Award--SP Chad Billingsley (can't believe how much this guy is being undervalued, he lost his control for about a month last season, but other months were spectacular, he had a no-hitter going into the 6th in one of his final starts but blew up in that inning...if he gets that under control, he is wainwright with better k/9)

Zobrist Award--OF Nolan Reimold (again, as long as he is healthy from achilles injury, he is a 5-cat contributer. look for zobrist's 09 same stats across the board, maybe better, 90-27-90-17-.297)

Coghlan Award--2b Scott Sizemore (like coghlan, doesnt have one outstanding attribute, but he does does everything well, possibly 15/15 if they dont sign felipe lopez)
Image
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1458
Joined: 12 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: This years Lind, Wainwright, Zobrist, Coghlan

Postby J.C.Fighter » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:58 pm

Padsin05 wrote:BChad, ill go with you on just about all that stuff.

Just want to point out Blanks is a dead pull - straight away HR hitter, besides the deep left center ally, RH pull hitter can hit the ball out with ease

his power is there, he hit 21 hrs in San Antonio which is a much worse hitters park then Petco, now he has 2 good OBP guys in front of him (projected) in Gonzalez and Headley


But dude if he can't put the bat on the ball , it's not worth it. His K rate is way too high and his contact rates are abysmal. I understand that players can improve their skills but I don't trust a all or nothing HR hitter in Petco park.
J.C.Fighter
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1620
Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: This years Lind, Wainwright, Zobrist, Coghlan

Postby kab21 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:00 pm

J.C.Fighter wrote:
Padsin05 wrote:BChad, ill go with you on just about all that stuff.

Just want to point out Blanks is a dead pull - straight away HR hitter, besides the deep left center ally, RH pull hitter can hit the ball out with ease

his power is there, he hit 21 hrs in San Antonio which is a much worse hitters park then Petco, now he has 2 good OBP guys in front of him (projected) in Gonzalez and Headley


But dude if he can't put the bat on the ball , it's not worth it. His K rate is way too high and his contact rates are abysmal. I understand that players can improve their skills but I don't trust a all or nothing HR hitter in Petco park.


based on his cup of coffee with the Padres last year? His K rates are higher than average but I don't think you can call him an all or nothing hitter.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 5339
(Past Year: 171)
Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: This years Lind, Wainwright, Zobrist, Coghlan

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:09 pm

Montana168 wrote:Wainwright Award--SP Chad Billingsley (can't believe how much this guy is being undervalued, he lost his control for about a month last season, but other months were spectacular, he had a no-hitter going into the 6th in one of his final starts but blew up in that inning...if he gets that under control, he is wainwright with better k/9)


Bills' hamstring was also acting up on him in the second half of last season, more so later on which fatigued him. He gets so much of his power from his legs and a nagging problem to one wheel would just entail a dropoff in his delivery.
Image
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21943
(Past Year: 677)
Joined: 3 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Downloading rice

Re: This years Lind, Wainwright, Zobrist, Coghlan

Postby Element » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:12 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Montana168 wrote:Wainwright Award--SP Chad Billingsley (can't believe how much this guy is being undervalued, he lost his control for about a month last season, but other months were spectacular, he had a no-hitter going into the 6th in one of his final starts but blew up in that inning...if he gets that under control, he is wainwright with better k/9)


Bills' hamstring was also acting up on him in the second half of last season, more so later on which fatigued him. He gets so much of his power from his legs and a nagging problem to one wheel would just entail a dropoff in his delivery.


Correct. Bills is a drop and drive pitcher. He gets all of his power from his legs. With the hamstring injuries, he also had a stress fracture in his leg past offseason. It's no wonder he broke down. Whenever your offseason is spent rehabbing or whatever instead of focusing on your normal conditioning program, it's never a good thing. Especially if your core is as important as Chad's is to him.
Image
Element
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Response TeamCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4909
(Past Year: 761)
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: joiingds, neuronss, scarnicease and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 16
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Miami at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Cincinnati at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Detroit at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Cleveland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
LA Dodgers at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
San Francisco at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Seattle at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Texas at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Philadelphia at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact