Brushback Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Brushback Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Brushback Baseball

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:13 am

I haven't seen any threads on this yet.

Anyway, Brushback Baseball is a baseball MMORPG simulation (still in beta) similar to GoallineBlitz.com for football. Basically you just create a player, whatever position you want, and allocate player points to build a unique skill set. Every night five games are simmed and if your player levels up, you're given another 20 player points to use as you see fit. You can also train your player.

I've been playing for about a month now and have had a lot of fun with it: Oscar Creedy. The 2nd season starts tomorrow, but I created my player in the middle of season 1 so you can start whenever.

This isn't the reason I started this thread, but here's my referral link if you're feeling generous: http://brushbackbaseball.com/index.jsp?rf=1329

Maybe we could get a Cafe team going if enough people join.
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Brushback Baseball

Postby PujolsFan11 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:30 am

GoalLineBlitz was legit. I might have to try this out too. ;-D
PujolsFan11
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:13 pm

i made a player to see what it's all about. are you on a real team or a computer team jake?
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 823)

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:29 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:i made a player to see what it's all about. are you on a real team or a computer team jake?

I just signed a two year contract with a real team. For the first season I was with a CPU controlled team. I'd highly suggest finding a human controlled team with a passionate owner in the future if you stick with the game. Discussing pitching rotations, depth charts, player development, etc with your teammates adds a lot to the game IMO.

It's a Pro level team though. If we were to start a Cafe team I'd create another player so we're all on the same level.
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:31 pm

jake_twothousandfive wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:i made a player to see what it's all about. are you on a real team or a computer team jake?

I just signed a two year contract with a real team. For the first season I was with a CPU controlled team. I'd highly suggest finding a human controlled team with a passionate owner in the future if you stick with the game. Discussing pitching rotations, depth charts, player development, etc with your teammates adds a lot to the game IMO.

It's a Pro level team though. If we were to start a Cafe team I'd create another player so we're all on the same level.

do itttttttt
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 823)

Postby wake » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:44 pm

I'll put a guy on the team team
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:53 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
jake_twothousandfive wrote:

do itttttttt

I'm not sure how exactly you go about getting your own team. I think you have to request one for the following season -- so it may be too late now. I'm guessing a full season will last about a month and a half (including postseason and rollover). By that time we'll know if there's enough interest to actually put together a full team.
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jfg » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:19 pm

I created a player last night and signed up with a CPU team. Let me know if you create a cafe team. This looks fun and doesn't seem like it requires a whole lot of work.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 169)

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:19 pm

Also, if anyone creates a player make sure you set your Player Tactics on the left hand side of your player home page.

I had my player stuck on the default for hitters of "Swing for the Fences" for about 2 weeks which is exactly the opposite of what I wanted to do as I was trying to develop a contact hitter. His performance improved pretty significantly after I made a switch.
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:21 pm

jfg wrote:I created a player last night and signed up with a CPU team. Let me know if you create a cafe team. This looks fun and doesn't seem like it requires a whole lot of work.

If you don't own a team it doesn't require very much work at all. You just have to make sure you use up your player points as they come and stay on top of your training as there's a limit to how many training sessions you can hold at a single point in time.

I usually just check in after the games are simulated each night.
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to General Talk