Active/Veteran Owner Needs Another League! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Active/Veteran Owner Needs Another League!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Active/Veteran Owner Needs Another League!

Postby JGithiri1906 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:32 am

I've got several years of FBB experience. Looking to join a league with the following loose specs:
Must be AL and NL
Can be Roto or H2H
Prefer 5X5 but I'm flexible
Prefer no more than 12 teams
No preference on host site (i.e. CBS, Yahoo, etc)

Not really interested in Dynasty, but I do have a huge interest in Keeper (i.e. keep a limited number of players). Though still interest to join if it is not keeper.

If you know of any such leagues, please respond and shoot me your email address!!
JGithiri1906
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Active/Veteran Owner Needs Another League!

Postby geko86 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:04 am

http://nationalpastime.proboards.com/index.cgi

halograndmaster@gmail.com

Dynasty, free, keeper league where we keep 12 players (4 hitters and 4 pitchers) on ESPN with mixed league that is 7 by 7 and uses roto and h2h
geko86
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Eagle Eye

Postby canuck82 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:09 am

Hi,

I'm starting up a brand new twelve-team keeper league on CBS Sportsline. It's an H2H league (using 5x5 roto categories). The regular season is 23 weeks (2 matches per week) and the top four teams will make the playoffs: 1st vs. 3rd and 2nd vs. 4th, with the winners playing each other in the World Championship.

The roster will consist of a total of 35 players: 22 active, 5 reserve, and 8 minor league. We'll be filling 30 of those roster spots with a serpentine draft, which will be held on President's Day (Feb 15) at 9am. The remaining five spots (either minor league or reserve) will be filled via free agency following the draft.

Our keeper system encourages owners to develop their minor league system. Each season owners must select 8 players from their active and reserve rosters as 'keepers'; all minor leaguers are carried over to the next season. However, if an owner promotes a player from the minor leagues to their active or reserve roster during the season, this player will automatically be given a 3-year contract with the team, which means they will not count against a team's 8 keepers for that period of time. E.g., if I promote Clayton Kershaw from the minors in 2009, he may be kept in '10, '11, and '12 without counting aginst the team's 8 keepers in those years.

The league is free to join - I'm paying the CBS Commissioner fee out of my pocket. Trophy goes to the winning team.

If you're interested, drop me a line at stfbbl@gmail.com with a bit about yourself; I can also send you a full run-down of the rules.

Karl
canuck82
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Reeferdavid » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:12 pm

reiffermadness@sbcglobal.net

3rd year keeper league. I have one opening. You would be taking over a vacant team, but the settings and keeper rules make it so all teams are competitive. Last season was won by a fill-in owner. Roto. 14 team league, 41 players per team including 5 farm players. 5 x5 Mixed. 6 keepers for this season. $50 entry fee.

I can send you the constitution if you are interesed. Please let me know.
Reeferdavid
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Classifieds