Mets FAIL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mets FAIL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mets FAIL

Postby DaSh 1s » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:23 pm

kab21 wrote:Two other random points. Rushing a pitcher like this is usually done by a competitive team. Are the Mets thinking they are contenders? And when you're starting rotation is as shaky as the Mets is it really a good idea to mess around with your best starting pitching prospect?

If the Mets don't act like contenders, the Post and Daily News are going to rip Upper Management a new hole. Everyone in that front office, are fighting for their jobs this year. A season like last ensures unemployment. If that means destroying a prospect, so be it.

You can even see it here that Met posters claim they need to rid management.
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DaSh 1s » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:14 pm

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but it took the Mets doctors one week to finally diagnose K-Rod with pink eye. In fact it was Ed Coleman, the Mets beat reporter for WFAN, who actually figured out what K-Rod had
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby garf112 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:37 pm

DaSh 1s wrote:I don't know if this has been mentioned, but it took the Mets doctors one week to finally diagnose K-Rod with pink eye. In fact it was Ed Coleman, the Mets beat reporter for WFAN, who actually figured out what K-Rod had

phenomenal.

As my brother said, the Mets just need to reboot. I think it would be fun to watch Fernando Martinez in center, Ruben Tejada at short, Daniel Murphy at second and Ike Davis at first. Mejia in the rotation. Of course bringing up Martinez, Tejada and Davis is all probably premature, but better than watching the crap that they are going to put out there. I can't believe that I am going to have to watch Alex Cora play SS again. He is awful.
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Postby AussieDodger » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:49 pm

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/03/escobar-to-decide-about-2010-on-april-1.html

As for the 2010 season, Escobar insists he hasn't given up on it yet, but he will only make his final decision after picking up a ball again. "In the coming weeks, I'll simply work to strengthen my shoulder, and then it will be April 1 when I return to throwing," he says. "If I feel the same pain that day, I'll have to make the decision I have been considering since I was with the Angels: to rest for a full year and recover."

Um......

http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/2004/12/new-york-mets.html

Kelvim Escobar rhp
1 year/$1.25M (2010)

* 1 year/$1.25M (2010)
o signed by NY Mets as a free agent 12/27/09

:-S :-S :-S
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby wrveres » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:39 pm

AussieDodger wrote:http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/03/escobar-to-decide-about-2010-on-april-1.html

I'll have to make the decision I have been considering since I was with the Angels: to rest for a full year and recover."

lol ...

Meet the Mets!
Come on down and greet the Mets! :-S
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby B-Chad » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:01 pm

wrveres wrote:
lol ...

Meet the Mess!
Come on down and greet the Mess! :-S

That looks more like it.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby kab21 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:20 pm

It's funny that a Giants fan and a Padres fan are talking smack about the Mets...

Sabean has been so brilliant...
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 170)

Postby B-Chad » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:36 pm

kab21 wrote:It's funny that a Giants fan and a Padres fan are talking smack about the Mets...

Sabean has been so brilliant...

No argument that Sabean is a goon. That said, he has put together a relatively solid farm system (and yet to gut it... as of this second anyways). I'd also point out that no Giants executive has removed his shirt and threatened to fight players, to my knowledge anyways.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby wrveres » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:22 am

kab21 wrote:It's funny that a Padres fan are talking smack about the Mets...
if we only had their coin ...

This is the NL West after all, and SD has had some of the best minds in the game come through here recently. If we had "Mets Cash" the Friars would of rattled off about four or five West titles in a row by now. :-]
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:28 am

Ahahahahaha :-b

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/03/mets-shopping-gary-matthews-jr.html

The Mets are shopping outfielder Gary Matthews Jr., reports Joel Sherman of the New York Post. Sherman suggests the Mets might not have much of a role for Matthews, and the Reds are a trade possibility.

Matthews has two years remaining on his contract, and when the Mets acquired him from the Angels in January the Halos agreed to include $21.5MM. Even on a two-year, $2MM commitment, the Mets will likely find that Matthews has little trade value. Who wants a 35-year-old malcontent who doesn't hit or play strong defense?
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers