Mets FAIL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mets FAIL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mets FAIL

Postby SpecialFNK » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:09 am

I haven't paid much attention to the Mets. but does EY only see time in the OF, or does he see time at 2B? he played some 2B back in 2011. I'm going to assume only OF, but it would be sweat to get him 2B eligibility.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 73)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:44 am

SpecialFNK wrote:I haven't paid much attention to the Mets. but does EY only see time in the OF, or does he see time at 2B? he played some 2B back in 2011. I'm going to assume only OF, but it would be sweat to get him 2B eligibility.

It would take an injury to Murphy (and maybe more) for him to see any time at 2B. Highly unlikely.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 307)

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:48 am

SpecialFNK wrote:It would be sweat to get him 2B eligibility.

It would be sweat. Lol. Double mets fail.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 261)

Postby SpecialFNK » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:56 pm

Eric Young, Jr. will bat leadoff and start in center field in his Mets' debut Wednesday against the Braves.
Young was acquired from the Rockies on Tuesday night in exchange for right-hander Collin McHugh. The 28-year-old was batting just .242/.290/.352 with the Rockies this season, but he has plenty of speed and could receive regular playing time in the Mets' outfield. He's someone to keep in mind in deeper mixed formats if you need stolen bases.

I hope he can rack up the steals.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:18 pm

the Mets just got Giancarlo!
..but not the one you're thinking of.

Mets signed RHP Giancarlo Alvarado to a minor league contract; assigned him to Triple-A Las Vegas.
The 35-year-old was sporting a 4.03 ERA, 1.53 WHIP and 29/19 K/BB ratio in 38 innings this season in the Mexican League. It's not clear what the Mets want with him.

OMG Giancarlo ..oh wait, never mind.

Ike Davis could be back soon. he has been killing it in AAA. minor league player of the week.
Mets first baseman Ike Davis has been named the Pacific Coast League player of the week.
Davis hit .474 over six games, with four home runs. He's performed well in 12 games at Triple-A Las Vegas, with a .310/.463/.690 slash line. Davis is working his way back to the majors after hitting .161/.242/.258 in 186 at-bats.

ESPN New York's Adam Rubin reports that there's a "fair chance" Ike Davis is recalled after the Mets' upcoming series against the White Sox.
That would put him in line for a return next weekend. The Mets surely planned to keep Ike at Triple-A Las Vegas longer, but Lucas Duda landing on the disabled list might speed up the timetable. It also certainly doesn't hurt that Davis recently had back-to-back two-homer games at Vegas. Overall, he's batted .310/.463/.690 across 12 games at Triple-A.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby TheTrith » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:43 pm

This looks like the right place for this...

so lets get this thread back on topic:
Ed Leyro ‏@Studi_Metsimus8m
Matt Harvey has allowed 26 earned runs this year. Unfortunately, the bullpen has allowed 25 earned runs in Harvey's starts.
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 283)

Postby SpecialFNK » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:35 pm

anytime I have a Mets question I automatically come to this thread.

I guess Ike Davis is now back up, but in a strict platoon with Satin?
Ike Davis is not in the Mets' lineup Tuesday.
Manager Terry Collins has insisted that Davis and Josh Satin are not in a platoon at first base, but Satin has started both times against lefties since Davis was recalled. Ike has batted .308/.471/.308 in three games since coming back from Triple-A.

how long is this supposed to continue?
why did they bother bringing him back up from the minors if they didn't have intentions of playing him every day?
this from the team that at first when Davis went down didn't want someone else like Duda playing 1B because they didn't want it to seem like Davis was being replaced.
:-S
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Re: Re: Mets FAIL

Postby garf112 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:14 am

SpecialFNK wrote:anytime I have a Mets question I automatically come to this thread.

I guess Ike Davis is now back up, but in a strict platoon with Satin?
Ike Davis is not in the Mets' lineup Tuesday.
Manager Terry Collins has insisted that Davis and Josh Satin are not in a platoon at first base, but Satin has started both times against lefties since Davis was recalled. Ike has batted .308/.471/.308 in three games since coming back from Triple-A.

how long is this supposed to continue?
why did they bother bringing him back up from the minors if they didn't have intentions of playing him every day?
this from the team that at first when Davis went down didn't want someone else like Duda playing 1B because they didn't want it to seem like Davis was being replaced.
:-S

It will go on as long as Satin is hitting. 400, which I'm guessing won't be long. I think they are easing Ike in and trying to boost his confidence by giving him good matchups. He has never hit well against lefties.
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Postby TheTrith » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:45 pm

Typical Met's awesomeness!

Mets traded Marlon Byrd on Marlon Byrd t-shirt night

Aaron Gleeman