Mets FAIL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mets FAIL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mets FAIL

Postby bigh0rt » Tue May 14, 2013 6:42 pm

Per Tom Verducci, in the past 30 years the Mets have drafted 766 pitchers. Of those 766, only FIVE of them have ever won 10 games for the Mets. FIVE. Matt Harvey is 12th on the ALL-TIME WINS LIST of pitchers drafted by the Mets. What a franchise...
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Tue May 14, 2013 7:49 pm

In 35 Games this season, the Mets have used 30 different lineups...
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby SpecialFNK » Sun May 26, 2013 10:26 am

I wasn't sure where to ask this, but this seems like a good spot. haven't even checked to see if this was already covered either.
lots of talk that the Mets are soon going to demote Ike Davis to the minors. so who takes over at 1B? is there a 1B in the minors that could come up, that would be fantasy relevant even in a deep league? does Lucas Duda take over at 1B, and another OF come up from the minors that would be fantasy relevant even in a deep league?
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 81)

Postby daullaz » Sun May 26, 2013 10:51 am

SpecialFNK wrote:I wasn't sure where to ask this, but this seems like a good spot. haven't even checked to see if this was already covered either.
lots of talk that the Mets are soon going to demote Ike Davis to the minors. so who takes over at 1B? is there a 1B in the minors that could come up, that would be fantasy relevant even in a deep league? does Lucas Duda take over at 1B, and another OF come up from the minors that would be fantasy relevant even in a deep league?

It would have been Andrew Brown taking Ike's spot but he's injured.

I wouldn't count on them promoting someone and giving him the starting job immediately, especially not someone who can be a long-term option, since they'll obviously want to bring Ike back up as soon as he turns it around in the minors. Josh Satin, Eric Campbell and Allan Dykstra all have good numbers in the minors this year but I can't see them being fantasy relevant, and none of them are on the 40-man roster.

Justin Turner played first base in the Mets' regularly scheduled game yesterday. He's a utilityman but has more games at 1B than anywhere else this year. The Mets will probably platoon guys around, using Ankiel and Baxter in the OF and Duda at 1B at times, and Turner and maybe Murphy at 1B at times too.

I'd guess they promote Zach Lutz if a change is made. He mostly plays 3B in the minors but can be used at 1B. Collin Cowgill is another option, especially if Duda is moved to the infield. Nobody worth picking up in fantasy.

The one intriguing name for fantasy purposes is Wilmer Flores, who's one of their top prospects and is 21 years old. He hit .300 with 18 HRs across two levels last year, thought he hasn't been quite as good in Triple-A this year. He's already on the 40-man and could conceivably man 2B with Murphy shifting over to 1B. Since they probably don't foresee Ike staying in the minors too long, I wouldn't think they make this move.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby SpecialFNK » Sun May 26, 2013 12:44 pm

if/when the Mets decide to send Davis to the minors, one doesn't think he would be down there long?
I would think it would have to be 2 weeks at least, but if I had to guess I would say a month minimum.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby bigh0rt » Sun May 26, 2013 12:47 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:if/when the Mets decide to send Davis to the minors, one doesn't think he would be down there long?
I would think it would have to be 2 weeks at least, but if I had to guess I would say a month minimum.

I can't envision any scenario where he's down for a month, unless he somehow manages to be just as terrible there as he is in the Majors, which is highly unlikely. It would likely be ten days to two weeks, until they believe he's worked out whatever it is he needs to work out.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SpecialFNK » Sun May 26, 2013 12:51 pm

I guess it could depend on what type of numbers he would have while he was down there. but if they're going to send him down I would think they would want to make sure he gets things back on track. rather only being down for a short time, then coming back up and sucking again. go down, and make sure it gets right. if Davis is a big part of the future, no need to rush it. it's not like the Mets are contending this season.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Skin Blues » Sun May 26, 2013 1:22 pm

If he plays in Vegas he'll put up huge numbers. Doesn't really help proper development when you could hit for a 1000 OPS with your eyes closed. If anything I think it would encourage bad habits, but I guess we'll see what happens.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 113)

Postby mac-unit » Sun May 26, 2013 1:33 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if they send Ike down and bring up Flores too soon so they can destroy his career.
mac-unit
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:20 pm

- Jason Bay hit his 8th HR of the season today, June 1, matching his 2012 total with the Mets.
- The Miami Marlins have won 2 series all season as of today, June 1; both of them were against the Mets.

If you didn't think the Mets were going to follow up sweeping the Yankees by dropping games to the Marlins, you know nothing about the New York Mets.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers