Mets FAIL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mets FAIL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mets FAIL

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:46 pm

Jason Bay is no longer a Met. This thread is invalid. Until he's an All-Star in 2013 that is.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:39 am

lastingsgriller wrote:Why do professional baseball players move furniture? Duda isn't the first to be injured this way. He has to be able to afford movers right? Especially when his paycheck depends on him not breaking his wrist moving furniture.

Or at least call Jerry Seinfeld up to get some help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pIoCrHM ... re=related
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)

Postby AussieDodger » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:02 am

At least Bobby Bonilla isn't still on the payro......oh wait
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Grounded Polo » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:33 am

bigh0rt wrote:Jason Bay is no longer a Met. This thread is invalid. Until he's an All-Star in 2013 that is.

That man is a SCRUB, there is no way he'll be an all star, don't care how cursed our team is. Didn't most Met fans fully expect Bay to be a horrendous bust? It's bad when you have to hope a guy on your team gets hurt so better guys can play.

Duda injury is stupid but not really important, he's not very good either.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Skin Blues » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:41 am

Grounded Polo wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:Jason Bay is no longer a Met. This thread is invalid. Until he's an All-Star in 2013 that is.

That man is a SCRUB, there is no way he'll be an all star, don't care how cursed our team is. Didn't most Met fans fully expect Bay to be a horrendous bust? It's bad when you have to hope a guy on your team gets hurt so better guys can play.

I don't know what you guys expected, but the 5 years before he joined the Mets he averaged a .380 wOBA, topping that mark in each of his final two seasons in Boston. Then in 3 years with the Mets he was injured the entire time and put up a .305 wOBA. Some decline was to be expected, but this was pretty epic. I really doubt anybody expected anything close to what happened.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 120)

Mets FAIL

Postby lastingsgriller » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:56 pm

Skin Blues wrote:
Grounded Polo wrote:

I don't know what you guys expected, but the 5 years before he joined the Mets he averaged a .380 wOBA, topping that mark in each of his final two seasons in Boston. Then in 3 years with the Mets he was injured the entire time and put up a .305 wOBA. Some decline was to be expected, but this was pretty epic. I really doubt anybody expected anything close to what happened.

History tells us to expect these things when the Mets are involved. Quite the conundrum that puts Mets mgmt in.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby kab21 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:56 am

Grounded Polo wrote:

He should have been good but it was pretty unlikely that he would earn that contract.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 170)

Postby Grounded Polo » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:08 am

Skin Blues wrote:
Grounded Polo wrote:

Basically a combination of Mets fan intuition, Citifield destroying our offense, and Bay's up and down career in general were dead giveaways. It was also at the tail end of Bay's prime, was expecting a year or two of dissappointing but serviceable numbers, then a complete albatross in years 3 and 4. He posted his career highs in Boston and it wasn't that surprising to see someone as streaky as Bay find himself with no success in Citifield and then seeing that trend carry over to the road where he couldn't hit either.

Bad luck is another part of it but at that point, the Mets were in no position to go out and spend more money on players who wouldn't be difference makers.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Izenhart » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:01 pm

Rose colored glasses being what they are, I agree Bay was looked at as a good bet to bust upon signage. He may have a plus year or two in him IF he stays healthy, but at this point I'd rather rely on some unknown kid who's hungry to cut his teeth and make a name for himself. I'd rather have noodle-armed Johnny Damon in my OF at this point, and he can't find work. Like Bobby Valentine, Bay should go finish his career in Japan, he's got no use here anymore.

Oh, and Duda isn't a bad hitter. He just didn't have an impressive first season. He's got Josh Willingham type potential and the Mets would do well in giving him another look.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 293)

Mets FAIL

Postby lastingsgriller » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:16 pm

I don't think the mets are going to not give Duda another shot. He's very solid. Everyone knows that. Even the mets.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers