100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mets FAIL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mets FAIL

Postby Grounded Polo » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:31 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
Tavish wrote:
Grounded Polo wrote: Like Gary and Keith said, he's a top 5 Met on offense ever.

That might be taking things a little too far in the Reyes lovefest.

That's and intresting question. The top 3 seem pretty easy to me, Piazza, Wright and Strawberry. After that it gets a little dicey. Maybe Beltran or Keith Hernandez for 4 and 5. I could see the arguement for Reyes in the top 5.

I'm partial to Reyes over Beltran personally. Beltran had better peak seasons but Reyes wasn't that far behind him and cost like 1% as much as Beltran did, plus the homegrown factor. I agree on the clear top 3, then 4-8 or so gets murky - Beltran, Hernandez, HoJo, Reyes, etc.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Shiti Field » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:48 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
Tavish wrote:
Grounded Polo wrote: Like Gary and Keith said, he's a top 5 Met on offense ever.

That might be taking things a little too far in the Reyes lovefest.

That's and intresting question. The top 3 seem pretty easy to me, Piazza, Wright and Strawberry. After that it gets a little dicey. Maybe Beltran or Keith Hernandez for 4 and 5. I could see the arguement for Reyes in the top 5.

How about Rey Ordonez?? :)
Shiti Field
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 6)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon May 07, 2012 3:04 pm

Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 463)

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:26 am

Wow, that's some post All-Star break swoon. With Gee and Santana on the DL, the bullpen an utter disaster, when will the Mets pack it in? Moreover, how many more AB's does Jason Bay need to be given to prove his utter worthlessness? There is a kid (Valdespin) who has been a heck of a spark in limited time. Why not turn him loose?
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 159)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Grounded Polo » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:13 am

RedHopeful wrote:Wow, that's some post All-Star break swoon. With Gee and Santana on the DL, the bullpen an utter disaster, when will the Mets pack it in? Moreover, how many more AB's does Jason Bay need to be given to prove his utter worthlessness? There is a kid (Valdespin) who has been a heck of a spark in limited time. Why not turn him loose?

Unfortunately, Bay makes too much money to sit on the bench, we can only hope he gets hurt again so he won't play. Of course, Torres can't hit either and he's still starting.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Re: Re: Mets FAIL

Postby garf112 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:54 pm

RedHopeful wrote:Wow, that's some post All-Star break swoon. With Gee and Santana on the DL, the bullpen an utter disaster, when will the Mets pack it in? Moreover, how many more AB's does Jason Bay need to be given to prove his utter worthlessness? There is a kid (Valdespin) who has been a heck of a spark in limited time. Why not turn him loose?

People talk about valdespin. He should play, but once he is starting full time people will see how bad of an outfielder he actually is and how big the holes in his swing are. I like him, but he isn't going to help the mets this year. The only thing that would help is a bullpen transplant. Trading for an entire new bullpen.
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 99)

Re: Re: Mets FAIL

Postby Izenhart » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:11 pm

garf112 wrote:

People talk about valdespin. He should play, but once he is starting full time people will see how bad of an outfielder he actually is and how big the holes in his swing are. I like him, but he isn't going to help the mets this year. The only thing that would help is a bullpen transplant. Trading for an entire new bullpen.

Red Sox could be likely doners. But then again, I don't see it helping either team :-D
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 532)

Postby bayside » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:36 am

LOL. Even the off season cant save the Mets from catastrophic injury:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mets-lucas ... --mlb.html
Mets' Lucas Duda breaks wrist moving furniture
The Associated Press – 4 hours ago

Email

NEW YORK (AP) -- Even in the offseason, the New York Mets get hurt.

Outfielder Lucas Duda broke his right wrist while moving furniture last month at his apartment in Southern California. The team says he had surgery Monday and is expected to be ready for spring training in February.

Duda was operated on by Dr. Andrew Weiland at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York. The Mets say Duda will be discharged from the hospital Tuesday.
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 190)

Postby BigLebowski » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:27 pm

The good thing is that this doesn't allow the to trade Ike Davis now. Davis ain't a world beater, but the downgrade to Duda at 1st would be horrendous. And what was Davis actually gonna bring on the trade market.

Feel bad for Duda though. I like him.
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 479)

Mets FAIL

Postby lastingsgriller » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:45 pm

Why do professional baseball players move furniture? Duda isn't the first to be injured this way. He has to be able to afford movers right? Especially when his paycheck depends on him not breaking his wrist moving furniture.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 406)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers