Mets FAIL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mets FAIL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mets FAIL

Postby j24jags » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:39 pm

One step forward (opening day win), two steps back...

Rotoworld wrote:Andres Torres (calf) confirmed that he will be placed on the disabled list.
As expected. Torres aggravated his left calf injury during Thursday's opener and will head down to Port St. Lucie on Friday to begin the rehab process. Scott Hairston figures to see the bulk of the playing time in center field during his absence while Vinny Rottino and Kirk Nieuwenhuis are among the potential call-ups.
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Mets FAIL

Postby lastingsgriller » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:47 am

Shiti Field wrote: The Mess. .

Don't get me wrong with this comment because I am completely in favor of poking fun at the mets in any way possibly, but this isn't a particularly funny joke.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 167)

Mets FAIL

Postby lastingsgriller » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:49 am

lastingsgriller wrote:

Don't get me wrong with this comment because I am completely in favor of poking fun at the mets in any way possible, but this isn't a particularly funny joke.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 167)

Postby kab21 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:30 pm

Here's a response that I made on my twins board (www.battleyourtailoff.com). How many prospects did the Mets mess up with their fast track approach in the last 5-10 years? guerra turns 23 in a few weeks and he was 17 in high A ball in 2006.

me wrote:
random Twins fan wrote:Sano with a Grand Slam.

Jesus, Deolis Guerra is still at New Britain. He's progressed exactly one level since 2006.

blame that on the Mets. He's still the youngest pitcher for the Rock Cats and 2nd youngest player (Hicks).

However I am a little surprised that he's not in AAA but I'm guessing there is a roster crunch of mediocre veterans occupying too many slots.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 177)

Postby Broncmet724 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:07 pm

2 in a row, World Series here we come
Broncmet724 Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Shiti Field » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:08 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:

Don't get me wrong with this comment because I am completely in favor of poking fun at the mets in any way possibly, but this isn't a particularly funny joke.

Humor is subjective. As a lifelong Mets fan, poking fun at them helps ease the pain of numerous heartbreak.
Shiti Field
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Grounded Polo » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:48 pm

kab21 wrote:Here's a response that I made on my twins board (http://www.battleyourtailoff.com). How many prospects did the Mets mess up with their fast track approach in the last 5-10 years? guerra turns 23 in a few weeks and he was 17 in high A ball in 2006

I find it hard to remember any prospects the Mets traded away who turned out good sans Scott Kazmir for awhile.

Johan for Carlos Gomez, Phil Humber, Deolis Guerra, and Kevin Mulvey (Busts all around here - 4th outfielder, two pitchers who can barely earn a roster spot, and another trapped in MILB for eternity)
Delgado for Mike Jacobs and Yusmeiro Petit (Petit had star upside, Jacobs had pop and seemed like he could be a regular longer than he was, both are already out of MLB)
Alomar for Alex Escobar (Supposed to be as can't miss a prospect as possible, legendary bust here)
Lo Duca for Gaby Hernandez

Of course, the Mets kept many others like Milledge and F-Mart to screw up on their own.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Broncmet724 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:27 pm

162-0 here we come :-]
Broncmet724 Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Tavish » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:33 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:I find it hard to remember any prospects the Mets traded away who turned out good sans Scott Kazmir for awhile.

To be fair I find it hard to remember anyone the Mets have drafted that would be considered a good prospect sans Milledge. Carp might be the only player drafted post-Kazmir that was traded and found time in the majors.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby Grounded Polo » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:08 pm

Tavish wrote:
Grounded Polo wrote:I find it hard to remember any prospects the Mets traded away who turned out good sans Scott Kazmir for awhile.

To be fair I find it hard to remember anyone the Mets have drafted that would be considered a good prospect sans Milledge. Carp might be the only player drafted post-Kazmir that was traded and found time in the majors.

The Mets traded away good prospects, just Milledge and Escobar were the only superstar prospects. Escobar had peaked as a prospect when he was traded but wasn't viewed as a total bust yet, then he tore his ACL and his career was basically over. Yusmeiro Petit was ranked 69 in the 2006 BA Top 100, his ranking took a hit from 2005 when it was clear he has a polished prospect but viewed strictly as a #3/innings eater type guy, still a good prospect. Gomez was ranked 60th, had the speed and glove but was a tools guy who didn't pan out. Guerra had a ton of upside before the Mets ruined him by rushing him along and Humber was considered solid also.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers