CBS - Minimum IP - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

CBS - Minimum IP

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

CBS - Minimum IP

Postby GabbyJay » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:04 pm

We've decided to add a weekly minimum IP rule on a H2H dynasty league with CBS, but the commish says there's no way to do this. Does anyone here have this option, or tried to get it?
Thanks
GabbyJay
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: CBS - Minimum IP

Postby bigmck » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:39 pm

GabbyJay wrote:We've decided to add a weekly minimum IP rule on a H2H dynasty league with CBS, but the commish says there's no way to do this. Does anyone here have this option, or tried to get it?
Thanks

I hope you mean a MAXIMUM. That is used to stop streaming. A minimum does nothing.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 61)

Postby GabbyJay » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:28 pm

A minimum stops someone from using an RP for one inning and taking ERA/WHIP as a result. I understand that CBS has a points based system that they want people to use for H2H so they probably don't accommodate this. We've decided to self-police it and it shouldn't be an issue. We already have add/drop limits in place to combat streaming.
GabbyJay
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigmck » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:46 pm

Gabby said ==

A minimum stops someone from using an RP for one inning and taking ERA/WHIP as a result

I'm not exactly sure what that means, but let me give you an example. If on my team I decide to pitch all RP for one week. I total ten innings. I would probably get no wins, very few strike outs. My ERA and Whip might be good but one bad inning and that would be no good. I just don't see how it would be to my advantage to use all RP and why a minimum innings would be needed.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 61)

Postby IGGY23 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:47 pm

I think you need to realize he is in a daily league and we must know all of their categories to truely understand. He's talking about someone pitching a releiver for 1 perfect inning. he wont take wins, but he should win losses, His ERA is O, a perfect WHIP and K/BB possibly.

I run a Yahoo league and we require atleadt 32 IP each week. We dont use a maximum and have never had any issues.
IGGY23
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby jsbest1977 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:19 am

We use to use a Minimum as well. It makes sure players use their SP and not just spilt pitching stats by using RP only.

We no longer use it however cause ESPN doesn't offer it. ESPN only offers a Max. I liked the Minimum option much more.

I would use a Minimum over a Max if i had the choice. You can control streaming by limited weekly moves or weekly yearly moves.
jsbest1977
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Bajecco » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:36 pm

I have e-mail CBSSports 5 straight years and asked them some questions regarding their setting limitations.

Questions 1&2: Why is there not a setting for weekly min/max innings pitched? Could you please add a min/max innings pitched setting to your commissioner/league product?

Questions 3&4: Why is there not a setting that would allow me to implement a weekly drop/add or transaction maximum? Could you please add a setting that would allow commissioners to set a weekly drop/add maximum to your commissioner/league product?

I have NEVER been blessed with a response although I have yet to ask these questions this season.
Bajecco
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jsbest1977 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:42 pm

espn now offers a min. starts for SP, a max start for SP or a min. innings.

We play h2h so last year we only had the option of a max start.

Couple new improvements
jsbest1977
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Commissioner's Corner