24 Season 8 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

24 Season 8

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 24 Season 8

Postby rookies and cream » Tue May 18, 2010 10:29 pm

j24jags wrote:This has become my favorite season (and I have watched them all) ;-D

They're pulling out all the stops now. I'm fairly certain of what is going to happen in the finale. Nobody spoiled it for me, just a prediction that I'd be willing to bet on. I'm so sure that it is going to happen that I won't post it here because I don't want someone to get pissed at me for posting a spoiler. If anyone is curious, shoot me a PM. ;-D

Still doesn't beat season 1 for me. This season started off slow but the last couple of episodes (especially yesterday's) have been tremendous. ;-D
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 45)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed May 19, 2010 11:19 am

rookies and cream wrote:
j24jags wrote:This has become my favorite season (and I have watched them all) ;-D

They're pulling out all the stops now. I'm fairly certain of what is going to happen in the finale. Nobody spoiled it for me, just a prediction that I'd be willing to bet on. I'm so sure that it is going to happen that I won't post it here because I don't want someone to get pissed at me for posting a spoiler. If anyone is curious, shoot me a PM. ;-D

Still doesn't beat season 1 for me. This season started off slow but the last couple of episodes (especially yesterday's) have been tremendous. ;-D

I agree, nothing will top Season 1 for me from start to finish. Season 5 was my close second but this season might be giving it a run. It's like I can't wait for next week and I can. I'm so excited to see the ending but it's going to suck knowing there won't be any more Bauer (aside from the presumed movie, but that won't be the same.)
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon May 24, 2010 10:51 am

Clock comes to a stop tonight after 8 years. Here's to an epic finale. ;-D
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon May 24, 2010 12:59 pm

I haven't followed 24 aside from a few episodes early on but I'll be curious to see how it all ends.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon May 24, 2010 4:55 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:Clock comes to a stop tonight after 8 years. Here's to an epic finale. ;-D

x2 ;-D
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jfg » Mon May 24, 2010 5:31 pm

I stopped watching after season 4 but I'll definitely be watching the finale.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Metroid » Mon May 24, 2010 9:51 pm

It's a trip to think that everything happened in 8 days. :-B
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jlm53089 » Mon May 24, 2010 10:01 pm

:~(
I love Chloe O'Brien
This show was like nothing else. Jack is one of the best characters on TV.
Its a shame to hear that clock for one last time.

Its been a good run ;-D
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby j24jags » Mon May 24, 2010 10:28 pm

I thought this finale was just OK. I have watched this show for years, and I feel that the only "right" ending would be Jack dying and receiving the silent clock as the clock ticks down for the last time. That ending would be very sad, but it seems only right. It would have gone down as one of the best series/finales in TV history. Chloe was unbelievable tonight, Logan is always great. The episode's biggest redeeming factor is that Jack did what was best for his country in the end, which has always been his primary goal. I just wish Jack would have killed Logan/Pillar/Subarov on his own.

That all being said, I was a little disappointed that this season ended like a few seasons before have ended. I felt as if it was just another season finale rather than a series finale other than the conversation with Chloe at the end which was very powerful.

I am a little disappointed that the writers decided to sell out and make a movie. The premise of 24, what makes it unique, is the real-time, how each episode is an hour and each season is a day. With a movie, it will lose that special quality which plays such an integral part in the show. I am worried that the movie will just be Kiefer Sutherland running around killing people rather than having a 24 feel with real-time, the clock, deep plot/event development, etc.

That being said, it was a great run, it has been one of my favorite shows for years. Unfortunately losing Lost and 24 in a span of two days really hurts :,-( :~(

Anyone have any show recommendations?
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon May 24, 2010 10:36 pm

Some thoughts:

Part of me feels unsatisfied that the whole saga of Jack didn't really resolve itself on television. In that sense I almost wish he died, because at least we would have gotten closure. But part of me is happy that this ending sets up a film wonderfully, so at least we haven't seen the last of 24. Hopefully they do the story and characters justice on the big screen.

I thought that if Taylor came back to the light at the last minute I'd be angry, but I think they pulled it off well. Her seeing that video Jack made for Kim (I'm assuming) is what broke through to her, his lines about true peace, etc. I thought that was great.

At first I was irritated that Logan didn't die. I feel like they should have effectively ended that era and that character, and him committing suicide after this final attempt at glory failed would have been perfect. But then I thought about it and I almost feel like him failing to kill himself is more fitting for his character. He couldn't even succeed at taking his own life, and now he's doomed to live with brain damage or paralysis, etc.

All in all I'm happy with the finale. I think they did the series justice and allowed for a nice segue into feature films. I'm really going to miss this show. It's the first show that I really got addicted to and fell in love with in my life. What a great series. ;-D
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk