Best Sites to help with Draft - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Beginner's Forum

Best Sites to help with Draft

Best Sites to help with Draft

Postby bujfan2030 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:33 am

This is my first year trying fantasy baseball. I joined a public CBS 10 team standard league, with Rotoplus scoring(weekly periods) :-B . Can anyone recommend some decent sites for ranking players and for formulating draft strategy.
bujfan2030
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 28)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Best Sites to help with Draft

Postby Pochucker » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:14 pm

Welcome
There are many excellent threads on this site for ranking players. Also check this site out --http://razzball.com/2010-fantasy-baseball-rankings/
Pochucker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kaiser » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:27 pm

Others here will probably tell me I'm crazy, but I really like the work that the guys at ESPN do. Matthew Berry's "Draft Day Manifesto" is really good, IMO.

I would recommend staying away from CBS, in terms of their rankings, at least. I think they are awful.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 306)

Postby CincyReds11 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:50 pm

Agreed on the CBS, their player projections are slightly better this year but in terms of in-season analysis you can't get much worse. ESPN is a great place to start. The fantasy writers there are tremendous in terms of putting together well structured, easy to read articles. You won't find bleeding edge analysis but you could definitely do worse. MLB.com's fantasy page has some decent articles. Baseball America is excellent in terms of prospect analysis. Baseball Prospectus is another excellent site. For statistics, Baseball Reference and FanGraphs will pretty much take care of your every need. Read up on the sabermetric stats as these are excellent tools for analyzing a player's true performance in years past and for the future. (Things like BABIP or FIP, for example.) Check out http://www.rotosavants.com/2009/01/fant ... nners.html for some good analysis along these lines.
CincyReds11
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Beginner's Forum