Havok's 2010 Top 25 2nd Basemen Rankings - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Havok's 2010 Top 25 2nd Basemen Rankings

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Havok's 2010 Top 25 2nd Basemen Rankings

Postby J.C.Fighter » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:01 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
J.C.Fighter wrote:
garf112 wrote:
very constructive. perhaps you could give us your own rankings so we can be just as constructive?

My rankings wouldn't have Cano so high and Zobrist so low

Not that I have to defend myself but most people have Cano as the #3 2B, I have him #2, and I question the one year outbreak from Zobrist until he proves he can do it again.

The same cano that was a year away from a 14 hr season? Robby's hr output seemed very flukey to me but I guess playing in Yankee stadium can make you into a perennial 30 hr hitter. :-t
J.C.Fighter
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J.C.Fighter » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:03 pm

J.C.Fighter wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
J.C.Fighter wrote:

Not that I have to defend myself but most people have Cano as the #3 2B, I have him #2, and I question the one year outbreak from Zobrist until he proves he can do it again.

The same cano that was a year away from a 14 hr season? Robby's hr output seemed very flukey to me but I guess playing in Yankee stadium can make you into a perennial 30 hr hitter. :-t.
Zobrist's season doesn't seem so flukey when you consider the adjustments he made into his swing. And also the stats he put up in 08 in limited playing time led to believe he can have a season like 09.
J.C.Fighter
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:31 pm

Whether it's worth noting or not, Brian Roberts is apparently having some back issues. Herniated disk that will not require surgery as of right now.
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby garf112 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:52 pm

so, because you didn't like where two players were ranked, they were "terrible?"

god forbid everyone's rankings don't all look the same.

I also agree that Cano might be a bit high, but I think I stated that a month or so ago when Havok first posted this.
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Postby J.C.Fighter » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:01 pm

garf112 wrote:so, because you didn't like where two players were ranked, they were "terrible?"

god forbid everyone's rankings don't all look the same.

I also agree that Cano might be a bit high, but I think I stated that a month or so ago when Havok first posted this.

Those aren't the only players i disagree on. They're just the 2 that stood out to me the most
J.C.Fighter
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby KCollins1304 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:37 pm

J.C.Fighter wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
J.C.Fighter wrote:

The same cano that was a year away from a 14 hr season? Robby's hr output seemed very flukey to me but I guess playing in Yankee stadium can make you into a perennial 30 hr hitter. :-t

Are you referring to the same Zobrist who is a year away from being a part time player who wasn't even owned in standard leagues in 2008?
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J.C.Fighter » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:50 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:
J.C.Fighter wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:

Are you referring to the same Zobrist who is a year away from being a part time player who wasn't even owned in standard leagues in 2008?

Yeah the same Zobrist that when given the full time opportunity put up 27 hrs, 91 rbi's , 17 sb's , .405 obp and .297 avg
J.C.Fighter
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:54 pm

yawn
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 123)

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:01 pm

Shampoo (CANO) is better. I go on first and clean the hair. Conditioner (ZOBRIST) is better. I leave the hair silky and smooth. Oh, really, fool? Really.

BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby ensanimal » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:16 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:
J.C.Fighter wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:

But he made adjustments to his swing! ;-7

I like Cano a lot more than Zobrist. I have him ranked 3rd, but could easily see him put up the 2nd best season behind Utley.
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers