Havok's 2010 Top 25 2nd Basemen Rankings - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Havok's 2010 Top 25 2nd Basemen Rankings

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Havok's 2010 Top 25 2nd Basemen Rankings

Postby J.C.Fighter » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:50 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:
bluejkrew wrote:Many experts predict Hill to not hit more than 30 HRs this year (something to do w/ a lucky HR/FB ratio last year??), and all things considered, Zobrist seems very capable of duplicating Hill's stats w/ the addition of a handful more steals, and the position flexibility.

Zobrist HR/FB = 17.5%
Hill HR/FB = 14.9%

Zobrit had 17 on HR/FB the year before aswell.
J.C.Fighter
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby garf112 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:56 am

J.C.Fighter wrote:Sorry but these rankings are absolutely terrible.

very constructive. perhaps you could give us your own rankings so we can be just as constructive?
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Postby ensanimal » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:05 am

Sorry but this post is absolutely terrible.
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)

Postby Ender » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:06 am

I'd say the biggest flaw with Zobrist is if he struggles he will lose playing time. That is a very deep roster and a team that is going to compete so will push the hot hand more. If Hill struggles it won't matter because the Jays aren't competing anyway. Hill is also more likely to stay at the top of the order for the same reason.

I have Zobrist ranked above Hill personally , not by much though. He is the top player in the 3rd tier of 2B for me.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:56 am

kab21 wrote:
Syfo-Dyas wrote:Im quite confused. Is anyone cutting into Prado's palying time? He is prjected to get 423 AB's by Bill James and 405 by Chone, while Lowell, who will sit on the bench is projected 529 ABs by BillJames and 462 by Chone.
What am I missing here?

This is the downfall of mathematical projection systems. They are somewhat good for projecting rate stats based on past statistics. But you can't mathematically project playing time based on past statistics. there are too many variables that you can't account (principally other players on the roster taking their PT). but I do think they are somewhat useful for determining rate stats: BA/OBP/SLG, HR/FB%, etc...

I see. But I don't get it. Shouldnt they use their brain too, when predicting PAs?
Looking at the roster could give an indication what to expect. And it doesnt have to be accurate, but a good guess sounds much better than this.
Whatever. Looks like I'll sign up for the Annual "awesome" Spreadsheet by J35J.
the awesome sig by soty

"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:58 am

Ender wrote:I'd say the biggest flaw with Zobrist is if he struggles he will lose playing time. That is a very deep roster and a team that is going to compete so will push the hot hand more. If Hill struggles it won't matter because the Jays aren't competing anyway. Hill is also more likely to stay at the top of the order for the same reason.

I have Zobrist ranked above Hill personally , not by much though. He is the top player in the 3rd tier of 2B for me.

There are two sides of the coin. Noone can predict how long a slump lasts, and by benching Zobrist, they could lose a big bat for good, so the Rays must allow Zobrist to work his way out of it. They might give him additional rest, to work on his hitting, but at the end, he is their best bat at 2nd, and they'll need him if they wanna make the playoffs.
BTW anyone who struggles is pretty much worthless in fantasy, regardless of playing time. So if Hill struggles, he might not lose PT in Toronto but will be benched in fantasy.
the awesome sig by soty

"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby J.C.Fighter » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:05 pm

Ender wrote:I'd say the biggest flaw with Zobrist is if he struggles he will lose playing time. That is a very deep roster and a team that is going to compete so will push the hot hand more. If Hill struggles it won't matter because the Jays aren't competing anyway. Hill is also more likely to stay at the top of the order for the same reason.

I doubt Reid Brignac wil be stealing time from Zobrist anytime soon.
J.C.Fighter
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby KCollins1304 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:31 pm

J.C.Fighter wrote:

I doubt Reid Brignac wil be stealing time from Zobrist anytime soon.

They've got Sean Rodriguez too.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J.C.Fighter » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:39 pm

garf112 wrote:

very constructive. perhaps you could give us your own rankings so we can be just as constructive?

My rankings wouldn't have Cano so high and Zobrist so low
J.C.Fighter
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:45 pm

J.C.Fighter wrote:
garf112 wrote:

My rankings wouldn't have Cano so high and Zobrist so low

Not that I have to defend myself but most people have Cano as the #3 2B, I have him #2, and I question the one year outbreak from Zobrist until he proves he can do it again.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 143)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers