Havok's 2010 Top 25 2nd Basemen Rankings - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Havok's 2010 Top 25 2nd Basemen Rankings

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Havok's 2010 Top 25 2nd Basemen Rankings

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:42 pm

garf112 wrote:Regarding Sean Rodriguez: ever since Casey Kotchman, Dallas McPherson, et al, I trust no Angels power numbers in the minor leagues.

Kotchman never showed a lot of power at any level really, McPherson was/is sidelined from a chronic back condition, but we could add Brandon Wood to your argument though Kendry Morales and Juan Rivera say hello. Not saying Rodriguez is going to mirror his minor league numbers but he does possess impressive power potential for a middle infielder and is a sleeper imo.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 143)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KCollins1304 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:52 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
garf112 wrote:Regarding Sean Rodriguez: ever since Casey Kotchman, Dallas McPherson, et al, I trust no Angels power numbers in the minor leagues.

Kotchman never showed a lot of power at any level really, McPherson was/is sidelined from a chronic back condition, but we could add Brandon Wood to your argument though Kendry Morales and Juan Rivera say hello. Not saying Rodriguez is going to mirror his minor league numbers but he does possess impressive power potential for a middle infielder and is a sleeper imo.

Rivera came up in the Yankee system, though you could replace him with Napoli in your argument.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:14 pm

updated: Hudson up, Casilla off, Castillo on
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 143)

Postby kemper5 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:55 pm

Nice list! I too see Cano as being to high, know him down 2-4 spots?..Id rather have Kinsler any day.
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Montana168 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:16 am

i forgot to mention this, but as much as i love cano, the 20 HR power is up in the air. he hits way too many groundballs to consistently hit 20-25 every year. remember last yr was his career yr, as far as power goes, and he relied on a career high hr/fb ratio to do that. im not buying that he touches 25 HR again...20 is a solid projection, with a .310+ avg. im still taking kinsler's 30-30 though, even if he only falls back to .270.

i do really like these rankings tho (including the top SS, 1b, etc) by havok. i seem to be coming back to check them in my draft prep. ;-D
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:54 pm

with the Damon signing it's looking like Scott Sizemore has a good chance to bat 2nd in the Tigers lineup...might make him an interesting sleeper pick for deeper leagues or those that have a MI spot
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby silverZ » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:58 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:with the Damon signing it's looking like Scott Sizemore has a good chance to bat 2nd in the Tigers lineup...might make him an interesting sleeper pick for deeper leagues or those that have a MI spot

I've read that Austin jackson will get first crack at lead off with Damon hitting 2nd.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

Postby thedude » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:00 pm

silverZ wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:with the Damon signing it's looking like Scott Sizemore has a good chance to bat 2nd in the Tigers lineup...might make him an interesting sleeper pick for deeper leagues or those that have a MI spot

I've read that Austin jackson will get first crack at lead off with Damon hitting 2nd.

That is what i heard too. Spring training could changes the plans Jackson.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby KCollins1304 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:20 pm

thedude wrote:
silverZ wrote:

That is what i heard too. Spring training could changes the plans Jackson.

I've heard the same as well. I'd agree though that the 1st or 2nd spot will go to one of Jackson and Sizemore depending most likely on who has the better spring.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:38 pm

here's the article
http://www.freep.com/article/20100222/SPORTS02/2220368/1050/sports02/Damon-Sizemore-likely-1-2-in-batting-order

it's more speculative than i originally thought, however, it's because Leyland refused comment about Damon until the contract was final.

initially Leyland did not want to bat 2 rookies 1-2 and Jackson was a better candidate for leadoff than Sizemore (also no other good leadoff candidates at the time). now with Damon in the fold i think he can go Damon leadoff with Sizemore in the 2 hole and bat Jackson 9th
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers