ipad - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

ipad

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: ipad

Postby AussieDodger » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:35 am

Tavish wrote:
DaShiz23 wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:
Do you really think the sheeple will buy this p.o.s that does LESS then what they already have? :-S

BUT you can change the background!

And if it stays healthy, you can flip it for prospects at the trade deadline.


Image
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11363
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: ipad

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:43 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
You guys have no business sense. If you put all of this, a phone, a camera etc in the first generation ipad then why would you want to buy the second generation that comes out next year?


Do you really think the sheeple will buy this p.o.s that does LESS then what they already have? :-S



Amazon has sold 1.5 million Kindles and who has ever seen a kindle?

I own one and it is awesome. That might be the iPad's saving grace but I haven't heard one word about being able to buy books on the iPad. I wonder if the iPad will have a Kindle app like the iPhone?
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21623
(Past Year: 389)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Re: ipad

Postby AquaMan2342 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:43 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:


No Multitasking
This is a backbreaker. If this is supposed to be a replacement for netbooks, how can it possibly not have multitasking? Are you saying I can't listen to Pandora while writing a document? I can't have my Twitter app open at the same time as my browser? I can't have AIM open at the same time as my email? Are you kidding me? This alone guarantees that I will not buy this product.


WTF.
That's just stupid. :-S


You guys have no business sense. If you put all of this, a phone, a camera etc in the first generation ipad then why would you want to buy the second generation that comes out next year?


I thought about this, but the early reviews right now are killing the product.......totally different than any other major Apple product released in the last ten years. I don't think their plan was to come out with a horrible first-gen product and then save the day down the line.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 7852
Joined: 19 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Re: ipad

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:48 am

Image
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 6508
Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: City of Grigori

Re: ipad

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:15 pm

Tavish wrote:
DaShiz23 wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:
Do you really think the sheeple will buy this p.o.s that does LESS then what they already have? :-S

BUT you can change the background!

And if it stays healthy, you can flip it for prospects at the trade deadline.


awesome
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10225
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ipad

Postby jfg » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:29 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:I wonder if the iPad will have a Kindle app like the iPhone?


The app store will be the same I'd think. I can see buying the cheapest version of this if you are looking for a color replacement to the Kindle. Comic readers would be awesome on this so I could definitely see comic enthusiasts paying 400-500 dollars when you consider everything else you get with it. But, as a laptop replacement? Not worth it.
Image
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6078
(Past Year: 85)
Joined: 4 Nov 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ipad

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:08 pm

i wonder if this will be a bigger fail than G4 cube...

now all the people who were holding off on buying a netbook waiting for apple tablet can go back to their netbook shopping.

but this opens the door for PC manufacturers to release a tablet that the ipad was "supposed" be. HP is supposed to and i'm sure they're ecstatic.

apple could've just taken a macbook air or macbook, and place the multitouch screen where the keyboard is and make it one sided notebook and call it the ipad. probably a large part of it was from the fear it would cannibalize their notebook sales.
Image
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 6508
Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: City of Grigori

Re: ipad

Postby AquaMan2342 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:11 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:but this opens the door for PC manufacturers to release a tablet that the ipad was "supposed" be. HP is supposed to and i'm sure they're ecstatic.


Microsoft Courier, anyone?
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 7852
Joined: 19 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Re: ipad

Postby knapplc » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:13 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:I thought about this, but the early reviews right now are killing the product.......totally different than any other major Apple product released in the last ten years. I don't think their plan was to come out with a horrible first-gen product and then save the day down the line.

Killing it for who, though. The guy who's going to buy this thing isn't going to be dissuaded because of product reviews. He's the guy who's gnashing his teeth because he couldn't get over to San Francisco for the live unveiling of this thing, and/or couldn't watch it on the webcast. There are a LOT of hipster doofuses out there like this. I've worked with several, and in my anecdotal experience, they've all got hipster friends who can't wait to buy these products, too.

As for the whole "sheeple" thing, how is buying this any different than buying Cubs season tickets? You're getting them for the fun of getting them, not because you're acquiring a top-notch product. It's a novelty and at least the iPad is wrapped up in a pretty package. The Cubs... not so much.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Posts: 7871
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's "ell see." ELL SEE!!!

Re: ipad

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:28 pm

knapplc wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:I thought about this, but the early reviews right now are killing the product.......totally different than any other major Apple product released in the last ten years. I don't think their plan was to come out with a horrible first-gen product and then save the day down the line.

Killing it for who, though. The guy who's going to buy this thing isn't going to be dissuaded because of product reviews. He's the guy who's gnashing his teeth because he couldn't get over to San Francisco for the live unveiling of this thing, and/or couldn't watch it on the webcast. There are a LOT of hipster doofuses out there like this. I've worked with several, and in my anecdotal experience, they've all got hipster friends who can't wait to buy these products, too.

As for the whole "sheeple" thing, how is buying this any different than buying Cubs season tickets? You're getting them for the fun of getting them, not because you're acquiring a top-notch product. It's a novelty and at least the iPad is wrapped up in a pretty package. The Cubs... not so much.


let me see if i have this straight...the Cubs are interested in the ipad :-?
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10225
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 23
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Baltimore at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
NY Mets at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Philadelphia at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Milwaukee at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Tampa Bay at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
St. Louis at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Houston at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Arizona at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
LA Angels at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
San Francisco at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Colorado at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact