ipad - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

ipad

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: ipad

Postby Skin Blues » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:53 pm

Is there a browser that allows one-finger gestures? Two finger gestures is kinda useless for those of us that use our thumb. I had it on my Android a couple years ago so maybe it's a Google patent or something ridiculous like that. Is it so hard to allow for a one-finger swipe side-to-side to switch between tabs?
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 134)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:45 pm

Skin Blues wrote:Is there a browser that allows one-finger gestures? Two finger gestures is kinda useless for those of us that use our thumb. I had it on my Android a couple years ago so maybe it's a Google patent or something ridiculous like that. Is it so hard to allow for a one-finger swipe side-to-side to switch between tabs?

I want to say Dolphin had one finger gestures when I had it on my iPhone?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby jfg » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:32 pm

How would that work with a touch screen? There are times where you need to scroll left and right. Not often, but how would you navigate that?
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 85)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:20 pm

do they have adblock plus or similar type browser add-ons for android browsers?
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Skin Blues » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:17 pm

jfg wrote:How would that work with a touch screen? There are times where you need to scroll left and right. Not often, but how would you navigate that?

It's pretty easy. A flick (quick swipe and release finger) means to scroll through tabs, just like how you scroll through photos in an album. Scrolling side to side you just leave your finger on a fraction of a second longer. It's seamless, and I don't ever remember it being an issue. It was in android from day one, so it's kind of amazing it's not in Safari yet. Which is what makes me think it's a patent issue.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jfg » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:07 pm

Maybe, but then again there isn't turn by turn voice directions in Maps yet either and I don't think there is any patent on that. :-b
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby bigken117 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:40 am

bigh0rt wrote:
Skin Blues wrote:Is there a browser that allows one-finger gestures? Two finger gestures is kinda useless for those of us that use our thumb. I had it on my Android a couple years ago so maybe it's a Google patent or something ridiculous like that. Is it so hard to allow for a one-finger swipe side-to-side to switch between tabs?

I want to say Dolphin had one finger gestures when I had it on my iPhone?

dolphin has the one finger gesture for shortcuts, I mimic a c motion and it takes me to the Cafe, but swiping side to side opens your bookmarks on the left and your open tabs on the right. It doesn't go tab to tab. I also think it doesn't finish loading the tab if you switch to a new one. Either it pauses or it slows terribly.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby Skin Blues » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:17 pm

You also need to open the gesture screen before it'll work. Which defeats the purpose of gestures. And yeah, only goes back and forward, no tab switching. Doesn't help much to have back and forward gestures when theres already dedicated buttons on the screen.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jfg » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:23 pm

It's not one finger gestures but with Atomic there is an option to put icons on the bottom of the screen and you can change the transparency to invisible. So you could set an icon to be on the bottom left or right corner and tapping that area would switch to the next tab. I use them for scroll to top and bottom and closing a tab.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:29 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
jfg wrote:I guess I'm in the minority that the touch keyboard is enough. I can type just as fast with it. I guess the only difference is that you have to touch a button to get characters and that could be inconvenient for word processing, but it's not enough to buy a keyboard for me.

I had just heard of some small thing you can hook into it, but haven't really researched it. Do you use the split keyboard in the landscape view? I'm still trying to figure out what is most comfortable for typing anything substantial.

You could try not being so long-winded when posting on it. :-D

We just got an iPad 3 and I refuse to get the mouse or keyboard. The day that I do that, I might as well just sell it and buy a laptop. The only necessary accessories that I see are the AV adapter (which I already bought) and a speaker dock that can house it and an iPhone (for when I can upgrade in exactly 2 months). Now, I just need someone to show me everything it can do and some cool app ideas (mainly free). ;-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk