ipad - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

ipad

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: ipad

Postby bigken117 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:35 pm

So what are some of the better apps for this beast? I have infinity blade 2, Catan, and the basics, all the angry birds, wwf, and zynga poker

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jfg » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:31 am

- Flipboard is my go to for social networking and news.
- It annoys me how tabs reload all the time in Safari so I use Atomic Web as my browser
- Splashtop is what I use for remote Pc access. It's a little slow on 3G but I only use it on wifi anyway just to access stuff on my laptop.
- Ultimate Guitar Tabs HD is awesome if you are a guitar player.
- Apple's Remote app to play music on the laptop which connects to my stereo.

Those are the non-stock apps I use at least a few times a week. Basically, my laptop is just functioning as a server at this point.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby jfg » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:37 am

Oh, and Fantasy Monster. Although they really ticked me off this year because they have 3 different versions and all of them cost money. I bought the baseball one and then had to buy the pro version to get football. Not a huge deal, but then when I bought my iPad they wanted 7.99 more for the iPad version. I don't think so. It would be one thing if I could use it forever, but I'm pretty sure it's only for the 2011 seasons.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby bleach168 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:45 am

Played around with Splashtop. I have to admit, it works surprisingly well.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby bigken117 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:36 am

which browser does y'all use ? I like the Dolphin browser, but dammit all to hell I can't reply here cause I get redirected to ads :-P

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:07 pm

bigken117 wrote:which browser does y'all use ? I like the Dolphin browser, but dammit all to hell I can't reply here cause I get redirected to ads :-P

I messed around with both Dolphin and Opera on my iPhone for different stretches and wound up just going back to Safari, which is what I use for my iPad. Neither of the aforementioned were worlds different, so I figured what the heck.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 347)

Postby wrveres » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:22 pm

I'm on Droid so this may not help, but I use the tapatalk app and it's improved the cafe experience 3 fold. Easily.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 687)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:26 pm

wrveres wrote:I'm on Droid so this may not help, but I use the tapatalk app and it's improved the cafe experience 3 fold. Easily.
What's it do?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 347)

Postby jfg » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:45 pm

I spent around $15 to try out the full versions of all the browsers (well all the big ones) and Atomic Web Browser is easily my favorite. The way tabs reload in Safari when you go them sometimes was very annoying to me. Plus, Safari has been crashing a lot for me in the past month (a well documented issue online for iPad 1 users and I've heard iPad 2 as well). Atomic doesn't. There are a lot of other nice custom options as well that I use like gestures, custom buttons and saving to Instapaper. Basically, I wanted a browser that felt and looked (after a theme change) like Safari but with more options and less annoyances and Atomic was able to do that.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby jfg » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:47 pm

I've used Tapatalk on my phone and it's pretty nice. It just formats everything for an easy browsing and posting experience. It's not something you'd want on a tablet though since formatting is not really an issue.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk