ipad - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

ipad

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: ipad

Postby bleach168 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:40 pm

For people with heavy computing needs: laptop >>> non-apple tablet > iPad.
For people with light computing needs: iPad > non-apple tablet > laptop.

This is why playbooks, touchpads, or whatever don't sell. They are not the best at anything.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:57 pm

i want to buy an ipad but i want the ipad 3... i think that's coming out in early '12.
no point in buying ipad 2 which will be replaced in few months.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby kab21 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:34 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote:i want to buy an ipad but i want the ipad 3... i think that's coming out in early '12.
no point in buying ipad 2 which will be replaced in few months.

meh... no point in paying full price for ipad 2 when the it will be discounted in a few months. What does the ipad3 do that ipad2 doesn't?

but anyway your winnings this year will let you buy any tablet PC that you want. I spent my winnings on more camera equipment. More pictures.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 162)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:45 am

jfg wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
Skin Blues wrote: If I could get one for $300 - $400 instead of $700 I'd definitely deem it a worthwhile purchase for its usefulness and general ease.

I bought a used "like new" 1st gen 16gb wifi only last night on Amazon for $325. You can get a refurb 1st gen at the Apple store for $400. If you don't need facetime or a camera, a 1st gen works just fine.

Are Facetime and Camera really the only differences? If so, then 1st gen it is for me. I don't need either of those things.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby Skin Blues » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:27 pm

Much better processor/GPU (A5), better form factor, camera, better battery, higher re-sale value. If your'e not intereste din thsoe things, just get an original iPad. What is the price difference?
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 110)

Postby bigken117 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:51 pm

also, you can say you have the newest iPad and be the envy of all your nerd friends. That's what's most important to apple sheep

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:29 am

i got a free iphone for work recently. i can see how an ipad would be cool but i'd never shell out the money for one
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:10 pm

So I just ordered a 16 GB iPad 2 online for $458, after tax came out to $495 or something. My folks gave me $300 to spend on it as part of my Christmas present, so for $200 out of my pocket, I feel I can justify the purchase. Had the first time last night at Thanksgiving dinner to really sit and screw around with one for an hour or so, and decided I wanted one enough to buy it. It'll be cool to be able to sync it up with my iPhone, etc. and I imagine the only thing I'll really use my laptop for now is Photoshop, or if I have to type up an exceedingly long item. My computing experience is pretty limited such that the iPad should cover just about everything.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:18 pm

bigh0rt wrote:So I just ordered a 16 GB iPad 2 online for $458, after tax came out to $495 or something. My folks gave me $300 to spend on it as part of my Christmas present, so for $200 out of my pocket, I feel I can justify the purchase. Had the first time last night at Thanksgiving dinner to really sit and screw around with one for an hour or so, and decided I wanted one enough to buy it. It'll be cool to be able to sync it up with my iPhone, etc. and I imagine the only thing I'll really use my laptop for now is Photoshop, or if I have to type up an exceedingly long item. My computing experience is pretty limited such that the iPad should cover just about everything.

Catan with the seafarers expansion pack on ipad is completely addictive.
Boost 2 on the ipad is mesmerizing.
My wife rues the day I got mine because it takes me forever to get out of the bathroom now.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby jfg » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:46 pm

The only time I use my laptop is when I'm putting large files on my ipad. I still have the laptop on so I can remote into it using Splashtop if I need to download something.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk