Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:29 pm

ipad

So who is stoked about this?
Will it replace your laptop?

All I know is that I'm happy as a clam that I bought apple at $185 :-D
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ipad

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:32 pm

can't even do multitasking... meaning you can't be listening to music while browsing.
no built in webcam. it really should have one.
at least it isn't super expensive like other apple stuff.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:37 pm

For what it is, it looks pretty darned cool to me ;-D

BTW, Anyone know if they've released info on the next-gen iPhone yet, or is that later in the week/next week? :-?
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AquaMan2342 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:39 pm

All bells and whistles.....you can't even run OSX or flash on it. No camera. I'll pass. :-t

It's pretty much a giant iPod touch....except you have to buy pants with big pockets to put it in.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:46 pm

looks like iFail to me, but as
random person on youtube wrote:Never underestimate Apple's ability to successfully market something which is feature-poor and astronomically overpriced.
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby AquaMan2342 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:47 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:looks like iFail to me, but as
random person on youtube wrote:Never underestimate Apple's ability to successfully market something which is feature-poor and astronomically overpriced.

Oh no doubt that Apple Fanboy already has his order in the mail. They'll buy iAnything.

Edit: That's why Mookie is smart to have bought Apple at 185.

WSJ wrote:Apple shares have more than doubled over the last year, hitting an all-time high of $215.59 on Jan. 5. In late afternoon trading on Wednesday, Apple shares reversed an earlier fall to rise 2% to $209.96. Some analysts see the company's shares rising as high as $285 over the next 12 months.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:01 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:All bells and whistles.....you can't even run OSX or flash on it. No camera. I'll pass. :-t

It's pretty much a giant iPod touch....except you have to buy pants with big pockets to put it in.

How did you find out that it doesn't run these programs? That would be a major turn off if it can't even run flash. I foresaw the ipad replacing a laptop but much more portable and much more user friendly. It's not something that you would carry around in your jacket but something light and much more portable to put in a bag or briefcase instead of a laptop.

I do laugh at these people who complain that it doesn't have a camera. How stupid would you look pointing something the size of your laptop at someone to take their pic? :-b

I sure hope that the browser is good and it runs all the right software so that I can have a $1000 laptop replacement with touch features. The major question marks are the software and how good the touch keypad is.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby knapplc » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:06 pm

A few specs released so far:

• 1.5 pounds
  • 9.7-inch display
  • Half an inch thin
  • Full capacity of multitouch
  • 16 to 64 GB of storage
  • Battery life: 10 hours
  • Zoom 32x

The biggest/baddest version sports 3G wifi with a 64G drive for $829.
Last edited by knapplc on Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AquaMan2342 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:06 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:All bells and whistles.....you can't even run OSX or flash on it. No camera. I'll pass. :-t

How did you find out that it doesn't run these programs? That would be a major turn off if it can't even run flash. I foresaw the ipad replacing a laptop but much more portable and much more user friendly. It's not something that you would carry around in your jacket but something light and much more portable to put in a bag or briefcase instead of a laptop.

I do laugh at these people who complain that it doesn't have a camera. How stupid would you look pointing something the size of your laptop at someone to take their pic? :-b

I sure hope that the browser is good and it runs all the right software so that I can have a $1000 laptop replacement with touch features. The major question marks are the software and how good the touch keypad is.

Engadget review
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:39 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:

dude you heard of video conferencing? skype? ichat video? that's what a webcam is for, not for taking pictures of other people lol.
and it won't run flash, as iphone doesn't either. ipad i believe is running on iphone OS so yeah.
this ain't a laptop, nor a netbook, all it is is a big iphone/ipod touch.
Last edited by BitterDodgerFan on Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to General Talk