****Looking for Top 50 Lists**** - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

****Looking for Top 50 Lists****

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: ****Looking for Top 50 Lists****

Postby Havok1517 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:27 pm

DaSh 1s wrote:Of the five top 50 lists so far, two have Casey Kelley at 29, and one at 42, and the other 2 he doesn't even appear...what happened people? I thought he was in the top 15 :-b


My intial list didn't feature anyone with major league experience but in the process of adding guys like Bum and Escobar, Kelly was dialed down to like 54 on my list and therefore didn't make the cut.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8478
(Past Year: 107)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ****Looking for Top 50 Lists****

Postby ScarletP » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:21 pm

DaSh 1s wrote:Of the five top 50 lists so far, two have Casey Kelley at 29, and one at 42, and the other 2 he doesn't even appear...what happened people? I thought he was in the top 15 :-b


Hmmm... I didn't feel like I was that high on Kelly, but looking at my rankings I have him at 26.
Image
ScarletP
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 856
Joined: 20 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ****Looking for Top 50 Lists****

Postby jeffmerk » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:48 pm

DaSh 1s wrote:Of the five top 50 lists so far, two have Casey Kelley at 29, and one at 42, and the other 2 he doesn't even appear...what happened people? I thought he was in the top 15 :-b

I recently bumped him up to 29 from the low 40s but feel free to put him higher on your list.
jeffmerk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 599
(Past Year: 98)
Joined: 7 Jan 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ****Looking for Top 50 Lists****

Postby bigmex » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:23 pm

Please be patient...you told me i could be a part of this and gave me a deadline of feb 14. I had planned on getting that done by then. If you need it sooner i will bust my butt to do it. I am the head JV baseball coach (1st year) of my old high school, and ive been having to get the paperwork done for that over the last week plus. I will work hard and get this list to you within an earlier time frame if you need it. Just let me know

Thanks
bigmex
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 342
Joined: 31 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ****Looking for Top 50 Lists****

Postby bigmex » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:09 am

Hey guys sent in my list. Its a preliminary list i may tweak a few when i post it on my site, but i sent in my list. Thanks for the opportunity i look forward to the "write up"
bigmex
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 342
Joined: 31 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ****Looking for Top 50 Lists****

Postby bigmex » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:03 am

Pretty much everybody else posted their individual list on here so i figure ill do the same. This is my preliminary list, and ill admit that a few things may be tweaked when i post on my website, as i had to kind of finish in a hurry to get this in on time. Here goes....

1. Stephen Strasburg
2. Jason Heyward
3. Buster Posey
4. Mike Stanton
5. Jesus Montero
6. Brian Matusz
7. Carlos Santana
8. Desmond Jennings
9. Neftali Feliz
10. Justin Smoak
11. Pedro Alvarez
12. Madison Bumgarner
13. Aroldis Chapman
14. Martin Perez
15. Domonic Brown
16. Dustin Ackley
17. Jeremy Hellickson
18. Casey Kelly
19. Chris Carter
20. Logan Morrison
21. Aaron Hicks
22. Brett Wallace
23. Wade Davis
24. Michael Taylor
25. Ryan Westmoreland
26. Christian Friedrich
27. Alcides Escobar
28. Fernando Martinez
29. Kyle Drabek
30. Matt Moore
31. Freddie Freeman
32. Casey Crosby
33. Christian Friedrich
34. Yonder Alonso
35. Starlin Castro
36. Tyler Matzek
37. Derek Norris
38. Jacob Turner
39. Julio Teheran
40. Jenrry Mejia
41. Jhoulys Chacin
42. Jarrod Parker
43. Grant Green
44. Lonnie Chisenhall
45. Michael Montgomery
46. Tyler Flowers
47. Brett Lawrie
48. Dee Gordon
49. Josh Bell
50. Dan Hudson
bigmex
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 342
Joined: 31 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ****Looking for Top 50 Lists****

Postby jeffmerk » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:43 pm

bigmex wrote:Pretty much everybody else posted their individual list on here so i figure ill do the same. This is my preliminary list, and ill admit that a few things may be tweaked when i post on my website, as i had to kind of finish in a hurry to get this in on time. Here goes....

1. Stephen Strasburg
2. Jason Heyward
3. Buster Posey
4. Mike Stanton
5. Jesus Montero
6. Brian Matusz
7. Carlos Santana
8. Desmond Jennings
9. Neftali Feliz
10. Justin Smoak
11. Pedro Alvarez
12. Madison Bumgarner
13. Aroldis Chapman
14. Martin Perez
15. Domonic Brown
16. Dustin Ackley
17. Jeremy Hellickson
18. Casey Kelly
19. Chris Carter
20. Logan Morrison
21. Aaron Hicks
22. Brett Wallace
23. Wade Davis
24. Michael Taylor
25. Ryan Westmoreland
26. Christian Friedrich
27. Alcides Escobar
28. Fernando Martinez
29. Kyle Drabek
30. Matt Moore
31. Freddie Freeman
32. Casey Crosby
33. Christian Friedrich
34. Yonder Alonso
35. Starlin Castro
36. Tyler Matzek
37. Derek Norris
38. Jacob Turner
39. Julio Teheran
40. Jenrry Mejia
41. Jhoulys Chacin
42. Jarrod Parker
43. Grant Green
44. Lonnie Chisenhall
45. Michael Montgomery
46. Tyler Flowers
47. Brett Lawrie
48. Dee Gordon
49. Josh Bell
50. Dan Hudson

After his surgery, I released Jarrod Parker at $10 during winter waivers in a 12 team 5x5 NL only Ultra league. I had hoped to get him back at $5 but I see that he is still high on a number of lists. Has TJ surgery become so reliable that it doesn't knock a prospect out of the top 100?
jeffmerk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 599
(Past Year: 98)
Joined: 7 Jan 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ****Looking for Top 50 Lists****

Postby Steve-o » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:49 pm

jeffmerk wrote:After his surgery, I released Jarrod Parker at $10 during winter waivers in a 12 team 5x5 NL only Ultra league. I had hoped to get him back at $5 but I see that he is still high on a number of lists. Has TJ surgery become so reliable that it doesn't knock a prospect out of the top 100?



Parker is certainly not in my top 50. I've got him at 70 or so overall. Frankly, in a normal year, I think you are right that he would be out of the top 100.
In my fridge: Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout (KBS), Central Waters Peruvian Morning, Bell's Batch 10,000, Dale's Pale Ale, Capital Brewery Amber, New Glarus Moon Man, and Guinness.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1879
Joined: 7 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Finally back home. A sweet 15 mi from Miller Park.

Re: ****Looking for Top 50 Lists****

Postby bigmex » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:18 am

Steve-o wrote:
jeffmerk wrote:After his surgery, I released Jarrod Parker at $10 during winter waivers in a 12 team 5x5 NL only Ultra league. I had hoped to get him back at $5 but I see that he is still high on a number of lists. Has TJ surgery become so reliable that it doesn't knock a prospect out of the top 100?



Parker is certainly not in my top 50. I've got him at 70 or so overall. Frankly, in a normal year, I think you are right that he would be out of the top 100.


I think that TJ is definatly a surgery that you can count on working. Of course im not saying that its 100%, however it seems like more often than not people come back from TJ just as good if not better than they were before. Without the surgery he is probably top 20 with ease, so i did take the injury into account. I think his cieling is still elite, that's why he is still on my list.
bigmex
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 342
Joined: 31 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ****Looking for Top 50 Lists****

Postby mblax10 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:46 am

TJ surgery has become pretty successful. Basing this on anecdotal evidence, haven't seen any studies so take it for what it's worth. Yeah, it would've been nice if he just had surgery in July instead of wasting 3 months trying to rehab, but he still could take the mound by the end of 2010. He was a HSer who moved fast so when he returns he'll be 21 or 22 in AA or AAA. He was also pretty close to big league ready with a high ceiling before the injury, so I have no problem putting him in my top 50.
mblax10
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 422
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 20 Jul 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Apr. 23
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Arizona at Chi Cubs
(12:10 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(2:20 pm)
Texas at Oakland
(3:10 pm)
Houston at Seattle
(3:35 pm)
Kansas City at Cleveland
(3:40 pm)
LA Angels at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Toronto at Toronto
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Baltimore at Baltimore
(7:07 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
NY Yankees at Boston
(7:10 pm)
St. Louis at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Minnesota at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
San Diego at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
Philadelphia at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact