****Looking for Top 50 Lists**** - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

****Looking for Top 50 Lists****

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: ****Looking for Top 50 Lists****

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:32 pm

1. J. Heyward (Atl – OF)
2. S. Strasburg (Was – SP)
3. M. Stanton (Fla – OF)
4. P. Alvarez (Pit – 3B)
5. A. Chapman (Cin – SP)
6. B. Posey (SF – C)
7. J. Montero (NYY – C)
8. N. Feliz (Tex – P)
9. D. Jennings (TB – OF)
10. J. Smoak (Tex – 1B)
11. M. Bumgarner (SF – SP)
12. C. Santana (Cle – C)
13. K. Drabek (Phi – SP)
14. L. Morrison (Fla – 1B)
15. H. Rondon (Cle – SP)
16. M. Taylor (Phi – OF)
17. A. Escobar (Mil – SS)
18. M. Perez (Tec – SP)
19. G. Green (Oak – SS)
20. Y. Alonso (Cin – 1B)
21. S. Castro (ChC – SS)
22. C. Crosby (Det – SP)
23. R. Westmoreland (Bos – OF)
24. B. Matusz (Bal – SP)
25. F. Martinez (NYM – OF)
26. D. Ackley (Sea – OF)
27. T. Frazier (Cin – SS)
28. F. Freeman (Atl – 1B)
29. J. Hellickson (TB – SP)
30. E. Martin (LAD – SP)
31. D. Brown (Phi – OF)
32. C. Carter (Oak – 1B)
33. T. Beckham (TB – SS)
34. M. Dominguez (Fla – 3B)
35. B. Lawrie (Mil – 2B)
36. W. Davis (TB – SP)
37. J. Mejia (NYM – SP)
38. J. Mier (Hou – SS)
39. D. Gordon (LAD – SS)
40. A. Hicks (Min – OF)
41. C. Truinfel (Sea – SS)
42. Sh. Miller (Stl – SP)
43. J. Parker (Ari – SP)
44. J. Bell (Bal - 3B)
45. A. Cashner (ChC – SP)
46. C. Freidrich (Col – SP)
47. B. Erbe (Bal – SP)
48. J. Turner (Det – SP)
49. M. Leake (Cin – SP)
50. M. Moustakas (KC – 3B)
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8511
(Past Year: 116)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ****Looking for Top 50 Lists****

Postby ScarletP » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:48 pm

PM sent ;-D

(don't want to post my list since my minor league draft is coming up in the next few days)
Image
ScarletP
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 856
Joined: 20 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ****Looking for Top 50 Lists****

Postby jeffmerk » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:58 pm

1 Jason Heyward ATL – OF
2 Stephen Strasburg WAS – SP
3 Buster Posey SF - C
4 Brian Matusz BAL - SP
5 MIke Stanton FLA - OF
6 Neftali Feliz TEX - SP
7 Pedro Alvarez PIT - 3B
8 Carlos Santana CLE - C
9 Desmond Jennings TB - OF
10 Justin Smoak TEX - 1B
11 Jesus Montero NYY - C
12 Dustin Ackley SEA - OF
13 Martin Perez TEX - SP
14 Madison Bumgarner SF - SP
15 Jeremy Hellickson TB - SP
16 Wade Davis TB - SP
17 Dominic Brown PHI - OF
18 Logan Morrison FLA - 1B
19 Chris Carter OAK - 1B
20 Brett Wallace TOR - 3B
21 Aaron Hicks MIN - OF
22 Michael Taylor OAK - OF
23 Kyle Drabek TOR - SP
24 Yonder Alonso CIN - 1B
25 Aroldis Chapman CIN - SP
26 Fernando Martinez NYM - OF
27 Freddie Freeman ATL - 1B
28 Alcides Escobar MIL - SS
29 Casey Kelly BOS - SP
30 Christian Fredrich COL - SP
31 Jordan Lyles HOU - SP
32 Ethan Martin LAD - SP
33 Mike Moustakas KC - 3B
34 Austin Jackson DET - OF
35 Jhoulys Chacin COL - SP
36 Tim Beckham TB - SS
37 Ryan Westmoreland BOS - OF
38 Jennry Mejia NYM - SP
39 Starlin Castro CHC - SS
40 Chris Withrow LAD - SP
41 Hector Rondon CLE - SP
42 Jake Arrieta BAL - SP
43 James Darnell SD - 3B
44 Casey Crosby DET - SP
45 Grant Green OAK – SS
46 Zach Britton BAL - SP
47 Todd Frazier CIN – 2B
48 Brett Lawrie MIL - 2B
49 Donavan Tate SD - OF
50 Jason Castro HOU - C
More revisions are possible...
jeffmerk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 600
(Past Year: 90)
Joined: 7 Jan 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ****Looking for Top 50 Lists****

Postby mblax10 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:33 pm

Yes, I'm down on Strasburg.

1.Jason Heyward (ATL-OF)
2.Jesus Montero (NYA-C)
3.Desmond Jennings (TBA-OF)
4.Chris Carter (OAK-1B)
5.Buster Posey (SFA-C)
6.Carlos Santana (CLE-C)
7.Brian Matusz (BAL-P)
8.Stephen Strasburg (WAS-P)
9.Pedro Alvarez (PIT-3B)
10.Michael Stanton (FLA-OF)
11.Neftali Feliz (TEX-P)
12.Dustin Ackley (SEA-2B)
13.Justin Smoak (TEX-1B)
14.Jeremy Hellickson (TBA-P)
15.Madison Bumgarner (SFA-P)
16.Michael Taylor (OAK-OF)
17.Martin Perez (TEX-P)
18.Dominick Brown (PHI-OF)
19.Ryan Westmoreland (BOS-OF)
20.Brett Wallace (TOR-1B)
21.Tyler Flowers (CHA-C)
22.Josh Vitters (CHN-3B)
23.Wade Davis (TBA-P)
24.Logan Morrison (FLA-1B)
25.Kyle Drabek (TOR-P)
26.Christian Freidrich (COL-P)
27.Aaron Hicks (MIN-OF)
28.Josh Reddick (BOS-OF)
29.Jake Arrieta (BAL-P)
30.Jacob Turner (DET-P)
31.Brett Lawrie (MIL-2B)
32.Casey Crosby (DET-P)
33.Mike Moustakas (KCA-3B)
34.Aroldis Chapman (CIN-P)
35.Todd Frazeir (CIN-2B/OF)
36.Donovan Tate (SDN-OF)
37.Julio Teheran (ATL-P)
38.Jarrod Parker (ARI-P)
39.Lonnie Chisenhall (CLE-3B)
40.Derrek Norris (WAS-C)
41.Michael Ynoa (OAK-P)
42.Tyler Matzek (COL-P)
43.Freddie Freeman (ATL-1B)
44.Tanner Scheppers (TEX-P)
45.Aaron Crow (KCA-P)
46.Austin Jackson (DET-OF)
47.Josh Bell (BAL-3B)
48.Trevor Reckling (LAA-P)
49.Mike Montgomery (KCA-P)
50.Hank Conger (LAA-C)
mblax10
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 422
Joined: 20 Jul 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ****Looking for Top 50 Lists****

Postby thomasps3 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:40 am

We are up to 8 lists now, so we only need 2 more...if you are working on yourlist, let me know where you stand so we can get the full 10 people!

Thanks!
Image
thomasps3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1672
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 2 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Giving BIG UPS to Teddy BallGame for the AWESOME SIG

Re: ****Looking for Top 50 Lists****

Postby jeffmerk » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:38 pm

mblax10 wrote:Yes, I'm down on Strasburg.

1.Jason Heyward (ATL-OF)
2.Jesus Montero (NYA-C)
3.Desmond Jennings (TBA-OF)
4.Chris Carter (OAK-1B)
5.Buster Posey (SFA-C)
6.Carlos Santana (CLE-C)
7.Brian Matusz (BAL-P)
8.Stephen Strasburg (WAS-P)
9.Pedro Alvarez (PIT-3B)
10.Michael Stanton (FLA-OF)
11.Neftali Feliz (TEX-P)
12.Dustin Ackley (SEA-2B)
13.Justin Smoak (TEX-1B)
14.Jeremy Hellickson (TBA-P)
15.Madison Bumgarner (SFA-P)
16.Michael Taylor (OAK-OF)
17.Martin Perez (TEX-P)
18.Dominick Brown (PHI-OF)
19.Ryan Westmoreland (BOS-OF)
20.Brett Wallace (TOR-1B)
21.Tyler Flowers (CHA-C)
22.Josh Vitters (CHN-3B)
23.Wade Davis (TBA-P)
24.Logan Morrison (FLA-1B)
25.Kyle Drabek (TOR-P)
26.Christian Freidrich (COL-P)
27.Aaron Hicks (MIN-OF)
28.Josh Reddick (BOS-OF)
29.Jake Arrieta (BAL-P)
30.Jacob Turner (DET-P)
31.Brett Lawrie (MIL-2B)
32.Casey Crosby (DET-P)
33.Mike Moustakas (KCA-3B)
34.Aroldis Chapman (CIN-P)
35.Todd Frazeir (CIN-2B/OF)
36.Donovan Tate (SDN-OF)
37.Julio Teheran (ATL-P)
38.Jarrod Parker (ARI-P)
39.Lonnie Chisenhall (CLE-3B)
40.Derrek Norris (WAS-C)
41.Michael Ynoa (OAK-P)
42.Tyler Matzek (COL-P)
43.Freddie Freeman (ATL-1B)
44.Tanner Scheppers (TEX-P)
45.Aaron Crow (KCA-P)
46.Austin Jackson (DET-OF)
47.Josh Bell (BAL-3B)
48.Trevor Reckling (LAA-P)
49.Mike Montgomery (KCA-P)
50.Hank Conger (LAA-C)

I was going to have to pick 2 from Aumont, Brignac and Reddick in a 12 team AL only 4x4 Ultra league but now that I've lost Aumont to the NL, I won't have to make the decision. You obviously like Reddick but do you think the Bosox will keep him?
jeffmerk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 600
(Past Year: 90)
Joined: 7 Jan 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ****Looking for Top 50 Lists****

Postby mblax10 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:26 pm

jeffmerk wrote:I was going to have to pick 2 from Aumont, Brignac and Reddick in a 12 team AL only 4x4 Ultra league but now that I've lost Aumont to the NL, I won't have to make the decision. You obviously like Reddick but do you think the Bosox will keep him?


I think I'm higher on Reddick than most because I don't tend to move guys up/down based on who else is in the system. I also pretty much ignored his struggles in 60 MLB ABs. Reddick is very blocked from the BOS OF, but good players seem to find a way on the field whether in their own org. or through a trade. The people who downgraded Blanks last year because of Adrian Gonzalez were probably kicking themselves when he moved to the OF. Same can be said for guys who thought Brett Wallace wouldn't stick at 3B and was blocked by Pujols.

I do like Aumonte and Brignac (actually have all 3 Reddick, Aumonte & Brignac on 1 farm team) and they just missed my top 50. If PHI moves Aumonte back to the rotation, I probably move him up to the 38-45 range but that does you no good.
mblax10
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 422
Joined: 20 Jul 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ****Looking for Top 50 Lists****

Postby jeffmerk » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:10 pm

mblax10 wrote:
jeffmerk wrote:I was going to have to pick 2 from Aumont, Brignac and Reddick in a 12 team AL only 4x4 Ultra league but now that I've lost Aumont to the NL, I won't have to make the decision. You obviously like Reddick but do you think the Bosox will keep him?


I think I'm higher on Reddick than most because I don't tend to move guys up/down based on who else is in the system. I also pretty much ignored his struggles in 60 MLB ABs. Reddick is very blocked from the BOS OF, but good players seem to find a way on the field whether in their own org. or through a trade. The people who downgraded Blanks last year because of Adrian Gonzalez were probably kicking themselves when he moved to the OF. Same can be said for guys who thought Brett Wallace wouldn't stick at 3B and was blocked by Pujols.

I do like Aumonte and Brignac (actually have all 3 Reddick, Aumonte & Brignac on 1 farm team) and they just missed my top 50. If PHI moves Aumonte back to the rotation, I probably move him up to the 38-45 range but that does you no good.

I'm in 4 NL leagues so there's a good chance I'll get Aumont in one of them. The Phils already announced that he would go back to starting. I'd love to find a 25 team mixed league so that I wouldn't lose players traded to the other league( I also lost Wallace to the AL) but I haven't come across many.
jeffmerk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 600
(Past Year: 90)
Joined: 7 Jan 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ****Looking for Top 50 Lists****

Postby thomasps3 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:32 am

We have 8 lists so far, so if I don't get anything else in the next 24, we will run with them because I think we have enough consensus
Image
thomasps3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1672
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 2 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Giving BIG UPS to Teddy BallGame for the AWESOME SIG

Re: ****Looking for Top 50 Lists****

Postby DaSh 1s » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:00 pm

Of the five top 50 lists so far, two have Casey Kelley at 29, and one at 42, and the other 2 he doesn't even appear...what happened people? I thought he was in the top 15 :-b
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1893
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 1 Aug 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Sep. 3
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Philadelphia at Atlanta
(12:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at St. Louis
(1:45 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(3:10 pm)
Washington at LA Dodgers
(3:10 pm)
Seattle at Oakland
(3:35 pm)
Boston at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Detroit at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
NY Mets at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Milwaukee at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
LA Angels at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Texas at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Arizona at San Diego
(10:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact