Mafia - Day 3 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia - Day 3

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia - Day 3

Postby houstonherdfan » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:09 pm

urbanbreez wrote:
houstonherdfan wrote:If we get through the day with a 3 - 1 advantage. I would look at either wacoug or Urban as the other mafia.

Wacoug due to other susipicions plus that edit. what did he put out there he didn't want us to see.

Urban for that accuasation that I wasn't the doc.

Anyone would see that there is really only 1 more day at most so me as the doc decided to give out my info and take my death for the overall good of the town. If I was BS'en it the real doc would have seen the advatage to the town to reveal himself and would have.

I didn't say you weren't the doc. In fact, I moved you and GF to the very bottom of my list because I believe you.

I did feel it necessary to point out that If you were mafia, you could say you were the doc and not worry about being eliminated at night because you'd be the one doing the elimination. And, you could have made a wager against the actual doc not wanting to tip his hand. But thats probably a very advanced strategy. If thats what you did then you deserve credit because I'm buying your claim.

OK I can understand that, but like wacoug said if I wasn't the doc then the real doc would have already called me out.
houstonherdfan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:16 pm

well either HHF and GF are both mafia and really going to pull one over on us, or he is telling the truth. at this point it looks like the only other one who could be the real doctor is Aussie, however, assuming HHF is telling the truth then Aussie becomes my top suspect

my reason is he's been fairly quiet but always made a lynch vote (i have too but i've been pretty vocal the whole time as i have nothing to hide). HHF mentioned Teddy being suspicious of me but Aussie and his partner could have had him whacked so that the blame could be put on me later. if DaShizz hadnt made himself such an easy target my guess is they would have lynched me in day 2

if that's the case he's either working with Urban or WaCougs. Urban has been pretty quiet as well, but he also hasnt really done much to seem suspicious. WaCougs on the other hand has been pretty vocal in getting people ousted as well, and i've had that gut feeling all along that he could be Mafia

at this point i dont think there's anything Aussie can say to change my mind...
if he says he is the doctor then i'm going to assume he's lying. if he say's he's townie then either he is being truthful and it must mean Breeze and WaCougs are mafia or he is lying and he is mafia and partnered with one of those 2

HHF i'm not sure what i can say to prove my innocence, but i've pretty much had a target on my back from the beginning for no good reason and have had to play defense the whole time...when you have to talk that much you're on display a whole lot more so people have more reason to suspect you

VOTE: Aussie
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby urbanbreez » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:25 pm

houstonherdfan wrote:
urbanbreez wrote:
houstonherdfan wrote:If we get through the day with a 3 - 1 advantage. I would look at either wacoug or Urban as the other mafia.

Wacoug due to other susipicions plus that edit. what did he put out there he didn't want us to see.

Anyone would see that there is really only 1 more day at most so me as the doc decided to give out my info and take my death for the overall good of the town. If I was BS'en it the real doc would have seen the advatage to the town to reveal himself and would have.

I didn't say you weren't the doc. In fact, I moved you and GF to the very bottom of my list because I believe you.

I did feel it necessary to point out that If you were mafia, you could say you were the doc and not worry about being eliminated at night because you'd be the one doing the elimination. And, you could have made a wager against the actual doc not wanting to tip his hand. But thats probably a very advanced strategy. If that's what you did then you deserve credit because I'm buying your claim.

OK I can understand that, but like wacoug said if I wasn't the doc then the real doc would have already called me out.

Unless, the other doc isn't really into playing this game and hasn't been checking on it (Aussie) or he just didn't realize that its pretty much do or die at this point and didn't want to reveal. Either way both options are remotely possible but not likely imo. Which is why I say again, I believe you and won't be casting a vote for you or GF.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:31 pm

also wanted to add that if i was mafia why would i have targeted GiantsFan? he hasnt been critical of me at all, i'd have gone after WaCougs who's been critical of me the whole time.
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:36 pm

houstonherdfan wrote:Well, I asked both Dan and Wacoug for reasons not to suspect them of being mafia, and all I got were reasons to suspect me.

Since I was the one who saved GF14 last night, that takes me out and still haven't heard why to not suspect either of them. Only more accusations.

Still going to wait cause we need to be sure of our vote. GF14 you are right they will kill me tonight and I am not allowed to save myself, I already asked.

If we pick correctly at least you all will have a shot at taking the last mafioso out with 3 against 1.

OK HFF, after reading a lot of your posts and doing some thinking, I believe you are the doctor and since you gave yourself up, it's a very good chance GF is also a townie (just as you claim). I have had a feeling you were a townie the whole time, and only really voted for you early on in day 1 because you weren't saying much and I wanted to stir the pot.

I can do nothing more to really prove my innocence than state that I've been actively posting and that has made me at least a tertiary target of suspicion as I talk things through my head out loud and make momentary votes to get people's goats. I have only been on one of the two ouster-votes (Shizz) and I really did believe he was mafia (along with 1-3 other townies) because of his crazy weird actions.

GiantsFan14 wrote:i agree with this completely. i just went back and looked at day 1 (which i should have done as soon as teddy was killed), and teddy was definitely suspicious of dan throughout a lot of that thread. i can easily see him being the guy that teddy targetted that night.

I have been suspicious of Dan on a gut level feeling this whole time, but actually believe urban is a much bigger threat as a likely mafioso. Dan could likely be his partner, or Aussie (who I thought was the doc) could be as well, but I think that Urban is a more likely silent partner (to Dan) for that criminal duo than Aussie at this point. Urban is more the silent mafia type (read my post about how he disappeared for 5 pages of day 1 and all of day 2 until posting the kill vote on Shizz) than Aussie, who's likely just on his usual different time schedule and is bored cause he's prolly a regular townie on a "sinking ship".

urbanbreez wrote:It looks like HHF has talked his way off my list for now. Although, its worth noting that there is no way to verify his claim. If there is another "real" doc out there, he may not want to dispute HHF's claim since that makes him a clear mafia target.

Here is my list:

AD
WaCoug
Dan
GF
HHF

I think this helps to prove my suspicions of urban, as he is casting the most doubt on probably the least suspicious guy, then tucks the quite-suspicious Dan in between me and the two who are claiming to be doctor and regular townie. HFF can be at the bottom of his (published) list, cause he's a goner tonight, meaning we HAVE to get 4 votes for a mafia.

If you honestly think my post editing mistake from my Apple POS phone is suspicious/grounds for lynching, then I'm not going to be able to change your mind, but that's pretty weak at best. I think you are right on about it likely being Dan and Urban (if you take me out of the equation). Though I don't completely agree about your reasoning on the doc, I think that the option you've presented is, in fact, the most likely one. Urban accusing you of not being the doc just seems like a last-ditch effort to try (again) to divert attention from my postings about how he disappeared for like 2 days (after not being that active anyway) and then quietly nailed a guy on the verge of lynching before disappearing until 10-15 posts into Day 3...
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby houstonherdfan » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:39 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:also wanted to add that if i was mafia why would i have targeted GiantsFan? he hasnt been critical of me at all, i'd have gone after WaCougs who's been critical of me the whole time.

Well my point is my top 2 choise for Mafioso is you and wacougs. So you 2 could have been going at each other to allay suspicion from the other should one of you be outed. I have seen that stratagy a couple times.

VOTE: DAN LAMBSKIN
houstonherdfan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby houstonherdfan » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:47 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:well either HHF and GF are both mafia and really going to pull one over on us, or he is telling the truth. at this point it looks like the only other one who could be the real doctor is Aussie, however, assuming HHF is telling the truth then Aussie becomes my top suspect

my reason is he's been fairly quiet but always made a lynch vote (i have too but i've been pretty vocal the whole time as i have nothing to hide). HHF mentioned Teddy being suspicious of me but Aussie and his partner could have had him whacked so that the blame could be put on me later. if DaShizz hadnt made himself such an easy target my guess is they would have lynched me in day 2

if that's the case he's either working with Urban or WaCougs. Urban has been pretty quiet as well, but he also hasnt really done much to seem suspicious. WaCougs on the other hand has been pretty vocal in getting people ousted as well, and i've had that gut feeling all along that he could be Mafia

at this point i dont think there's anything Aussie can say to change my mind...
if he says he is the doctor then i'm going to assume he's lying. if he say's he's townie then either he is being truthful and it must mean Breeze and WaCougs are mafia or he is lying and he is mafia and partnered with one of those 2

HHF i'm not sure what i can say to prove my innocence, but i've pretty much had a target on my back from the beginning for no good reason and have had to play defense the whole time...when you have to talk that much you're on display a whole lot more so people have more reason to suspect you

VOTE: Aussie

from day one

GiantsFan14 wrote:
just so everyone knows right now, i'm a townie, so don't kill me.

Your response was

if i was Mafia i'd kill you first just for being a douche

He wasn't killed first and still looking at all teddy's comments from day one to try to figure things out.
houstonherdfan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby urbanbreez » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:55 pm

You keep pointing to my elimination vote for Shizz even though you have said yourself, and I think we all agree, that Shizz made it practically impossible to not vote for him.

At the same time, you've been accusing me of being too silent when the fact is that Aussie has been, by far, the most silent participant. Why are you protecting him? Time restrictions haven't stopped him from posting all-day-everyday for the last 10 years.

This leads me to believe that you and Aussie are mafia cohorts. When you add to that the fact that you edited a post with some information that you obviously didn't mean to share, I'm left with only one course of action.

Vote:WACoug
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:57 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:also wanted to add that if i was mafia why would i have targeted GiantsFan? he hasnt been critical of me at all, i'd have gone after WaCougs who's been critical of me the whole time.

because i was pretty unlikely to get lynched in any following days as there has been very little suspicion cast on me. also, i had cast most of my suspicion on dashiz so there wasn't really much linking me to you and your partner that would look bad.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 452)

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:04 pm

urbanbreez wrote:You keep pointing to my elimination vote for Shizz even though you have said yourself, and I think we all agree, that Shizz made it practically impossible to not vote for him.

At the same time, you've been accusing me of being too silent when the fact is that Aussie has been, by far, the most silent participant. Why are you protecting him? Time restrictions haven't stopped him from posting all-day-everyday for the last 10 years.

This leads me to believe that you and Aussie are mafia cohorts. When you add to that the fact that you edited a post with some information that you obviously didn't mean to share, I'm left with only one course of action.

Vote:WACoug

I think you are continuing to prove my point(s) by not voting for Dan or yourself (obviously not possible, but since you're the other guy in my mind). Pointing at me (a townie) and Aussie (most likely one as well) is proof of your theory, but it's a holey/unsubstantiated one at best...

I have preyed on your silence today because of the timing, not because of anything else. I still think you COULD be a townie, but you are #2a on a list barely headed by Dan (Aussie is my 2b)...
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk