Looking for a keeper - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Looking for a keeper

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Looking for a keeper

Postby dicehound » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:17 am

My ESPN keeper that's been going pretty strong for a couple years now just up and disappeared on me the other day, so now I am in search of another.

I am looking for a roto league, new or existing (preferrably new and yet undrafted), with ideally 12-15 keepers and interesting scoring categories. NOne of this 12x12 redundant scoring crap for this oldtimer, although I do like OBP better than AVG; and 6x6 and 7x7 leagues can definitely be cool if they're done right. I have been playing fantasy roto since the early 1980s (I know, I'm old), so please bring some good competition.

And finally, I am not interested in paying for fantasy baseball, so if your league requires a monetary investment, count me out. I have a gambling "problem" (hence the name), and I don't think I need to say a whole lot more than that.

Heck, I might just start my own league if I can't find what I'm looking for!
dicehound
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Looking for a keeper

Postby brockwilliams » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:22 pm

We are a 5x5, NL only, auction style, roto league keeper league with a 260 cap. Standard categories and use CBS for our stat service. We will hold a LIVE auction draft on March 27th at 10:30am . We are looking for a good quality owner who likes a good challenging league. Draft will be held in Charlotte NC area and attendance is required. League fee is a one time $200 fee for all transactions and 100% is paid after site fee is payed($150). Winner will take home right around $1000 depending on the number of teams. Kemp 11, Victoriano 9, Capps 12, Z. Duke 3 and Nolasco 10 are the main keepers that are on the team that is available. We have a constitution with anti-dumping rules,FAAB, a governance and a keeper policy on length of contract. This is a very active league with a good group of guys. If you are interested contact me at;

bmw.99@cox.net or PM me here.

We usually try to get together to get golf in on Friday before the drat also
brockwilliams
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby baizboll » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:51 pm

brockwilliams wrote: League fee is a one time $200 fee for all transactions and 100% is paid after site fee is payed($150). Winner will take home right around $1000 depending on the number of teams.

What a nice guy you are --- trying to feed the OPs gambling addiction. :-P
"Baizboll bin bery, bery good to me!" ~ Chico Escuela

baizboll
College Coach
College Coach

Postby JohnnyRebJays » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:33 pm

dicehound wrote:My ESPN keeper that's been going pretty strong for a couple years now just up and disappeared on me the other day, so now I am in search of another.

All ESPN leagues have been wiped out - but they will return when 2010 system is up and running. Your league hasn't disappeared.
JohnnyRebJays
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby brockwilliams » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:05 pm

I thought maybe the onetime fee would help. Everyone in our league loves it and it helps me. I don't have to go around asking for at the end of the season, I can go ahead and send out checks. Make as many trades as possible and pick as many as you want, this way it keeps the league active.
brockwilliams
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Classifieds