Keepers: Show or Hide from League? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Keepers: Show or Hide from League?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Keepers: Show or Hide from League?

Postby mak1277 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:09 pm

As commissioner, I email my keepers to the whole league before I receive them from anyone else. After other teams start submitting, I will send them out only to teams that have submitted theirs. Once everyone has put their keepers in, I send the whole list out.

I agree that it shouldn't be a big deal to have them available to everyone, but to me it's just prudent to keep them hidden until all have submitted (you'll NEVER have an arguement if you take this approach).
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby zippytrash » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:15 am

Our league is on ESPN, and they have us submit the keepers to them by a certain date/time, and then reveal it to all the managers on the league home page. We then have about a week or so to alter our draftboards to reflect the keepers, and strategize....he he he.

I've never thought about making it public... also when an owner decides to keep David Price in a 12 team, 6 keeper league nobody gets a chance to talk him out of it. }:-)
Here's to you, Mr. Robinson. Jesus loves you more than you Cano.
zippytrash
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker

Postby jsbest1977 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:31 am

zippytrash wrote:Our league is on ESPN, and they have us submit the keepers to them by a certain date/time, and then reveal it to all the managers on the league home page. We then have about a week or so to alter our draftboards to reflect the keepers, and strategize....he he he.

I've never thought about making it public... also when an owner decides to keep David Price in a 12 team, 6 keeper league nobody gets a chance to talk him out of it. }:-)

on espn, the commish can still see who people are keeping and edit them even if he wanted to.
jsbest1977
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby shawngee03 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:40 am

similar to others....i post my keepers before i get anybody else's just so they dont think im cheating

then i keep them private until i get all of them

its funny...i get some flack from some guys about not making them private. but i do for this very reason....i had a guy who was giving me hell for not publicizing them actually ask me if a few players were kept...i beleive SSs so he could decide if he was going to keep his SS or not. i tried to explain to him that this is the very reason i keep them private...but he never got it

i didnt want everybody to say screw it and just wait until the very last second..which i knwo i would if they were made public. why would i give another team an advantage
shawngee03
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby HustlinOwl » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:42 am

thanks for all the responses, next year I will post mine first to the league and then ask for everyone's privately.
HustlinOwl
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner