Mafia - Day 1 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia - Day 1

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia - Day 1

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:50 pm

houstonherdfan wrote:OK, I think 1 more vote lynches Bill. It takes 5 with 9 players correct. Who is going to be the hammer?

well it obviously wont be Bill or his partner WaCougs
AD, Urbanbreeze, you and me have already voted for him
DaShizz seems to think it's Aussie for some reason (unless he is Bills partner and WaCougs is clean :-? )
that leaves Teddy or GiantsFan to cast the final vote...
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:05 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:DaShizz seems to think it's Aussie for some reason (unless he is Bills partner and WaCougs is clean :-? )

I would still like to know why this is, since 2 hours before voting for Aussie he agreed with GF that Aussie was innocent.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:29 pm

Still at work, but nothing to do while I babysit these high schoolers so I caught up with the thread. Recent events has me thinking dashiz is a mafia. Mostly just a feeling but I can probably explain more when I get home.

vote: dashiz
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 844)

Postby J35J » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:39 pm

Vote Talley (5 votes needed)

buffalo - 4(Urban, Aussie, Houstonherd, Dan)
Dan - 2(teddy, WaCoug)
DaShiz - 1(Giants)
Aussie - 1(DaShiz)
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 621)

Postby DaShiz23 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:19 pm

I would like to go on record to state that I vote Aussie because OF his quietness. It looks like he wants to draw no attention to himself, to see who/if any people he needs to worry about. I feel we need to look into him as the partner. I only fear for all of us, as when need be, his persuasion can become an incredible tool. X-I

Also, anyone see how Lambskin is breaking everything down meticulously. Maybe overplaying the role of hiding his true intentions? :-?
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:15 pm

Alright, let's break this down and figure out who our Mafia men are. here's the order of all the voting so far:

V- Buff (by WaCoug)
V- Buff (by Urban)
V- Buff (by Aussie)
V- Aussie (by Buff)
U- Buff (by WaCoug)
V- Buff (by Dan)
V- HHF (by WaCoug)
V- Dan (by Ted)
U- HHF (by WaCoug)
V- Dan (by Wa Coug)
U- Buff (by Dan)
V- WaCoug (by Dan)
V- Aussie (by DaShiz)
U- Aussie (by Buff)
V- Buff (by HHF)
U- WaCoug (by Dan)
V- Buff (by Dan)
V- DaShiz (by GF)

WaCoug's votes look like this: He launched the first vote on me, then unvoted for me about midway through the thread. He then changed his vote to HHF, but after not getting a reaction again, changed and voted on Dan. He looks like he's trying to stir the pot subconsciously. The vote on Dan was kind of a pile-on vote (though there is some logic there), and seemed to be the most serious vote he made. Voting and unvoting for three different people before sticking on Dan is suspicious, but you would think if he was Mafia that he wouldn't be so overt about it. Suspicion level: Low

Urban voted for me early on, and hasn't changed his vote since then. He's actually been pretty quiet overall, other than to chime in early with his reasoning for voting for me. Of course, he hasn't had to do anything; his vote could be based on sound reasoning and nobody suspects him. Suspicion level: Medium-high

Aussie hung the third early vote on me before I knew my role. He hasn't wavered either. He's been much more talkative than Urban, but it's been mostly junk. I also just have this feeling that he's in the Maf. Suspicion level: Medium-High

I voted for Aussie after I saw my role based on this feeling (which I still have). But I've been unable to substantiate that feeling with anything but his silence, so I pulled that vote off. However, a lack of much in the way of voting may be suspicious and appear that I'm trying to be quiet and hide that I'm Mafia. Suspicion level: Medium

Dan hung a pile-on vote onto me, then switched gears to WaCoug after HHF. His switch to WaCoug has been the only vote hung on WaCoug this far, but after not being able to get anyone to agree with him on WaCoug, he switched back to me rather quickly. Seems he either is the Mafia, or is actually sure that WaCoug and I are both Mafia. The double pile-on of me makes me suspicious, as does the tricky quick switch to WaCoug to appear like he's still reasoning (if he's Mafia). Suspicion level: Medium-High

Teddy hung a vote on Dan (his logic seemed to be pretty sound in doing so as well). At that time it was the first vote on Dan, and this occured midway through the game. Seems he believes Dan is mafia. At least, I'm inclined to believe that teddy's not mafia. Suspicion level: Low

DaShiz voted for Aussie not too long ago. I also find Aussie a little suspicious. I find DaShiz's lack of voting suspicious as well, and most of his other statements have been basically junk. Suspicion level: Medium

HHF has said very little this game, other than to come on and vote for me. That was also the 4th vote on me. Pretty suspicious of him,though he hasn't really been trying to stir the pot. Suspicion level: Medium

Finally, we come to GiantsFan, who's thrown out an awful lot of funny one-liners and other junk, and put a vote down onto DaShiz a few posts back. The junk one-liners make me very suspicious, as they are "non-silent silence". Suspicion level: Medium High

I'm pretty suspicious of Dan, GF, and AD. I'm least suspicious of Dan though out of these three, he hasn't really done anything during the thread that I would consider out-of-line suspicious. If he's a Mafia, he's a pretty smart one.... I'm very suspicious of both GF and AD. AD's general silence and this strange gut feel make me work for Aussie, while my reasoning tells me GF is in the Mafia... I suppose it's possible that they are both partners.

However, what really makes me suspicious about AD is the doctor line. After four people threw out hints about wanting to be saved by the Doc, Aussie stated that he didn't want to be saved by the Doc. people were thinking that the doctor please were to have a Mafia save happen. I think the plead against the Doc is actually a plead for the Doc to save him, because he IS Mafia. So there you go.

Vote: AussieDodger
buffalobillsrul2002
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 4)

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:38 pm

Now that Dan has actually responded to the points I raised, I'll back off of that for now. I was never really that convinced he's mafia, but rather wanted to see what happened when I threw out a vote.

Unvote: Dan Lambskin

DaShiz23 wrote:I feel we need to look into him as the partner. I only fear for all of us, as when need be, his persuasion can become an incredible tool. X-I

As the partner to who? If you feel there's already someone who's definitely mafia, and Aussie is their partner, why not vote for the first guy? Your logic is very confusing to me, and I'm thinking that maybe there isn't too much logic to it, and you're just hoping that Aussie is an easy target to get other people to vote for.

So, with that said...

Vote: DaShiz23
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:06 pm

these last few posts have been interesting...i think they only person i'm not suspicious of at this point is Teddy :-b
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby DaShiz23 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:23 pm

Well, after reading the last couple of posts. I am ready to change my vote, and rid ourselves of Buffalo. The last ditch effort to get the heat off of himself and onto everyone else (basically) shows me that he could no longer wait and hope for others to jump off of his bandwagon. I think changing his vote to Aussie was an attempt to start the momentum in that direction.

Unvote: AussieDodger

Vote: BuffaloBill
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

Postby J35J » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:29 pm

Dayton Moore has been steered in the wrong direction yet again. The town comes to a majority vote that buffalo, a regular townsperson, was the biggest threat but little did they know he was playing for the good guys.

It is now night and the mafioso will come out and play....

No Talking!
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 621)

Previous

Return to General Talk