Mafia - Day 1 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia - Day 1

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia - Day 1

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:21 am

Hey, y'all.

I've been pretty busy all weekend (mostly watching/playing football/basketball, and I had to do some tutoring this weekend...). Anyways, I haven't really had a chance to look over the thread closely and see what everyone's up to/who's looking suspicious, etc.

And after looking, I'm no longer super-suspicious of Aussie. The silence had me suspicious, as did the pile-on vote of me with little reasoning and/or joke reasoning. There would be no reason that he should be suspicious of me at that point, considering even I didn't know my role until after he voted. Nevertheless, I no longer believe he had evil Mafia intentions behind it. I just think he doesn't trust me :-o , which is understandable considering my strange tactics on Day 1...
Unvote: AussieDodger
buffalobillsrul2002
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:18 am

Hopefully, things will heat up tomorrow (this thing always seems to move along better on the weekdays - prolly cause everyone is trapped at work/school/etc. and is more likely to be checking/posting) :-?
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DaShiz23 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:03 am

Happy Australia Day! }:-)
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

Postby houstonherdfan » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:09 am

Well, rock and bowl here, is the bowling ally. 10 bucks you get to bowl from 10 pm til 2 am.

BTW first 3 games was a 550 series. I'm a 150-160 average.

Probably going to get more suspicion on me cause people will think I'm piling on but I have me reasons. not going to retype it here but got back to page 7 or 8.

Also, Dan pulling his vote off when his potential mafia buddy was fixin to get lynched is also suspicous to me.
houstonherdfan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby houstonherdfan » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:10 am

forgot to make my vote

VOTE: BUFFALOBILL
houstonherdfan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:20 am

DaShiz23 wrote:Happy Australia Day! }:-)

You too :-S
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:46 am

teddy ballgame wrote:Your reaction to the votes hasn't helped your case at all. Instead of addressing the points I brought up you've just tried to turn it back around against me and WaCoug to deflect suspicion.

i just think you're way overanalyzing some tongue in cheek comments i made

teddy ballgame wrote:Normally, I would be suspicious of Dan at this point.

First, this post:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
if i was Mafia i'd kill you first just for being a douche :-b

Not because he said "if I was mafia," but because it instantly makes GF a target for the mafia at night. If Dan's not mafia, they might kill GF to make him look suspicious. If Dan is mafia, he could have said that to then kill GF and make it look like the mafia set him up.

i really think you're grasping at straws...i'm known as a joker on these boards (hence the jester icon)...it was really nothing more than me busting GF's balls

teddy ballgame wrote:Then this:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
uh oh...i hope that doesnt mean you plan to kill me at night...hopefully the Doctor will save me :-o

A nonchalant way of asking for protection tonight. If he is mafia, it would ensure whoever he wants to kill doesn't get protected.

So normally I would be very suspicious, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt in these being rookie blunders...for now.

again...just goofing off here but you seem to want to go all DaVinci Code on me :-b

teddy ballgame wrote:J's post just alerted me to something else. Dan placed the third vote on buffalo with weak reasoning IMO. It was more like hopping on the bandwagon. I said I would let his actions slide as rookie blunders at the moment, but I have 3 legitimate reasons to suspect him at this point, which is more than I can say about anyone else.

Vote: Dan Lambskin

also i dont think my reasoning was all that weak...and i wasnt the only one who was suspicious of Bill. i still am just moreso of Cougs now (again i'm not the only one)

i'd say my top guys for Mafia are Cougs, DaShizz, HHF and Buffalo Bill

i think Teddy is likely a townie...at first i thought he was trying to apply these crazy theories to make me look like mafia as some sort of diversion tactict, but now i'm thinking that's just the way he breaks things down. also why i voted for Cougs and not Teddy after Cougs jumped right on board with his theory

i keep flip flopping on Bill...his most recent post is very suspicious as well, and i hate to keep flip-flopping, especially if it means leaving Cougs in the game who seems to have it out for me (worried i'm a goner in the night no matter what :-o )

DaShizz just keeps saying all these cryptic comments...hadr to make much of it one way or another right now, but i've definately got my eye on him

HHF has been awfully silent but maybe just a busy weekend. i'm least suspicious of him

i think AD, GF and UrbanBreeze are all townies as well...either that or they're just laying low. but for now they havent done much to raise supsicion
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:49 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:i really think you're grasping at straws...i'm known as a joker on these boards (hence the jester icon)...

I'm sorry, would you like to point out which one it is? I don't see it under your avatar. :-?
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:53 am

AussieDodger wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:i really think you're grasping at straws...i'm known as a joker on these boards (hence the jester icon)...

I'm sorry, would you like to point out which one it is? I don't see it under your avatar. :-?

stupid algorithim...guess i havent been funny lately...maybe Neato can give me some tips
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:08 am

so looking at some of these older posts and what's transpired since i'm pretty sure Buffalo Bill and WaCougs are Mafia

WaCougMBS wrote:
urbanbreez wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:I'm guessing not looking at your role is just a ploy of some sort, but in the interests of stirring the pot and seeing if this will cause you to check...

vote: buffalobillsrul2002

There was a lot of I want this and I want that in BBRs post. Could be a mob boss. We better take him out just to be sure.

Vote: Buffalobillsrule

Well, taking people out just to be sure can only really be done once or twice before the bad guys take it down, so be sure you want to have that avalanche before taking it past the point of no return }:-)

voting for his partner early on and then later changing his vote on a whim once the votes start piling up for his partner...seems like a classic bait and switch technique to take the heat off his partner so we think Bill is a townie. even there it almost seems like he's already trying to talk Breeze out of voting for Bill right after he cast the vote himself...they }:-) seems a little malicious too

also this string of posts
buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:I had never considered not looking at my role, but I kind of like that idea, buffalo. It would certainly make Day 1 more interesting.

It certainly does make the first part of the day interesting, when we're just talking. Now it akes it even more interesting, because I'm trying to figure out why the votes being cast on me are cast (do they think I'm evil Mafia, or do they think I'm a good townie).

WaCougMBS wrote:[
It certainly would make it more interesting (on day 1 at least) on an individual level, but in general I think it just makes you throw out a bunch of meaningless bunk and pile onto the accusations and possibly die an early death (which could happen to anyone, but I'm just sayin'). At this point, it's always interesting to consider those who are silent for this long, as they've likely checked their roles but haven't made it over here for various reasons...

Darnit, you're sort of onto me WaCoug. I'll explain further at the appropriate time ;-7 (sort of like Jason Giambi, though I don't remember him every explaining why he roided). Though dieing an early death isn't really what I'm looking to do haha.. though it's looking like that might happen :,-(

And with that vote by AussieDodger, it's time to look at my role.

Hmm.. interesting. And as soon as I saw my role, I knew who to vote for.

Aussie, you've made 3 posts, one of them which was to vote for me. That makes me angry. And since I can't pile on to the accusations of myself, I'm gonna play contrarian and start a new one.

Vote: AussieDodger

almost like they're flaunting their partnership

at this point i'm pretty sure it's the both of them, so i'm going to change my vote back to Bill though since he has more votes. hopefully will give them less time to try and talk their way out of it...just hope i dont end up paying the ultimate price :-o

UNVOTE: WaCougs
VOTE: Buffalo Bill
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk