Auction Draft $320 & In Season Salary $360 Dilemma - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Auction Draft $320 & In Season Salary $360 Dilemma

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Auction Draft $320 & In Season Salary $360 Dilemma

Postby HustlinOwl » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:19 pm

neoforce wrote:
HustlinOwl wrote:
neoforce wrote:
Can you keep them a fourth year? or is three years the max?

Again, to me, balance is the most important thing in having a keeper league last long term.

They can continue to keep, but salary will jump $10 in 4th year

That sounds reasonable. Escalating the salary like that can help build that balance. I was worried lets say you got Heyward this year for $5 and he turns into a monster. If it was just $3 a year, you could keep him for a long time. But with escalating salaries, you build that balance.

My league works like many do with contracts and only one salary bump (based on how many years the contract is extended) but a max of 5 years keeping them.

Back to the original point. I stick by what I said. In the second year, you don't want to change the rules. Se how it goes for a while to see if the balance is maintained.

Thanks for the advice and input.
HustlinOwl
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby shawngee03 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:06 pm

the dynasty salary contract league im in has a salary cap for the draft...then no cap during the season

i like it that way and thinks it makes more sense than having a cap during the season. why limit someone from building a good team during the season. id hate to have a trade set and not be able to make it due to a cap

we just have to make sure we are under it coming out of the draft...but while making your team during the season do whatever you like

that my opinion...of course its the right opinion...which i guess makes it fact...so actually i guess that my fact....a mouse is inside, a rat if outside...but if a mouse goes outside does it become a rat...i think you just spoke a fact(just random dribblings :-B )
shawngee03
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigmck » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:28 pm

shawngee03 wrote:the dynasty salary contract league im in has a salary cap for the draft...then no cap during the season

i like it that way and thinks it makes more sense than having a cap during the season. why limit someone from building a good team during the season. id hate to have a trade set and not be able to make it due to a cap

we just have to make sure we are under it coming out of the draft...but while making your team during the season do whatever you like

that my opinion...of course its the right opinion...which i guess makes it fact...so actually i guess that my fact....a mouse is inside, a rat if outside...but if a mouse goes outside does it become a rat...i think you just spoke a fact(just random dribblings :-B )

The league I run has a cap to stop dump trades during the year. We used $260 on Auction Day and $290 during the season. It still gives you some room, but stops dump trades also. Yes, I have had to not do a trade because the cap didn't work. That happens alot in the NBA.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 59)

Postby Matthias » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:56 pm

Funny.

Your league has almost exactly the same settings as mine. We have $290 auction budget for 32 players (3 of which are minor leaguers so they don't go for that much) and an in-season salary of $310. We also use escalators of $3/$5/$10/$10/$10......

The in-season budget is to create flexibility in trading, nothing more. The first year we did it we had the in-season budget the same as the auction budget and it made it too difficult to trade. But that's all that it's for. Once we roll over to the next auction, people are back to their $290 budget.

Stick to your guns. Your league members will later thank you for it.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Matthias » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:57 pm

shawngee03 wrote:the dynasty salary contract league im in has a salary cap for the draft...then no cap during the season

As bigmck said, it's to create some sort of constraint on people selling out on the current season. Keeper leagues should have aspects that enhance each season but not so extreme that they obliterate it.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner