Mobile apps - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mobile apps

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Favorite iphone apps

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:13 am

Bwanna wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:mlb at bat just came out for the android too, i assume you think it's worth getting bwanna?

Well, this is the first time I've purchased it, so we'll see. I spend a lot of time in the car, so I'll use the audio streaming frequently -- beats the heck out of XM which I primarily got for listening to games.

I listened to parts of a couple of games today and all went well. The UI is nice and clean.

i just sucked it up and bought it, i really can't see myself not getting $15 of use out of it over the course of the season. I really, really like that i can listen to any game from pretty much anywhere. also it's really easy to navigate, has lot's of information and loads quickly. being able to watch highlights is pretty cool as well, i just hope they can fix android to stream videos at some point.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JTWood » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:52 pm

i ponied up the bucks for Catan

omg :-L
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby bigken117 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:03 pm

JTWood wrote:i ponied up the bucks for Catan

told ya

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:00 pm

bigken117 wrote:

told ya

x2

I played Catan once in my life 2 yrs ago so I found the tutorial very helpful. My only complaint is that a game takes too long. I know that this is realistic but it took me forever to play my first game. I bought the app when it was first mentioned here and just finished the game yesterday.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 275)

Postby bigken117 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:14 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
bigken117 wrote:

told ya

x2

I played Catan once in my life 2 yrs ago so I found the tutorial very helpful. My only complaint is that a game takes too long. I know that this is realistic but it took me forever to play my first game. I bought the app when it was first mentioned here and just finished the game yesterday.

I actually thought the games went too fast so I play up to 12 points. Playing against 3 CPU opponents takes 20-30 minutes.

Playing online at Catanworld though :-[ takes forever and people bail on games all the time.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby jfg » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:30 pm

I wouldn't play online mainly because nobody finishes games so how is the AI? I've heard bad things. I have it for 360 and I think the AI is pretty good, but I don't think it's anywhere near the same game as the iphone.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:34 pm

jfg wrote:I wouldn't play online mainly because nobody finishes games so how is the AI? I've heard bad things. I have it for 360 and I think the AI is pretty good, but I don't think it's anywhere near the same game as the iphone.

Well I lost the one game that I played. I thought that I had won b/c I thought that the victory card was worth 2 points (isn't it supposed to be?), the next round the CPU took over the longest road, knocked me down to 7 and a few rounds later won.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 275)

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:25 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
bigken117 wrote:

told ya

x2

I played 4 games today. :-D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:26 am

jfg wrote:I wouldn't play online mainly because nobody finishes games so how is the AI? I've heard bad things. I have it for 360 and I think the AI is pretty good, but I don't think it's anywhere near the same game as the iphone.

I think the AI's quite fine. I rarely see it do anything where I'm like "What the crap?"
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Re: Favourite iphone apps

Postby Bwanna » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:00 am

bigh0rt wrote:Vlingo - speak-to-text for dialing, texting, etc. comes in very handy.

Dragon Dictation is similar and sometimes works better IMO. Also Dragon Search. Both are free for now.

It allows you to put the transcribed text on the clipboard so that you can paste it into any app.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 247)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk