Mobile apps - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mobile apps

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mobile apps

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:20 pm

StlSluggers wrote:Carcassonne will be released on Android, Java, and BlackBerry some time this spring.

Anyone know when Carcassonne is going to be released on Android? Got a link?

Nope, haven't read anything else about an Android ported Carcassonne.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 675)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigken117 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:22 pm

StlSluggers wrote:Carcassonne will be released on Android, Java, and BlackBerry some time this spring.

Anyone know when Carcassonne is going to be released on Android? Got a link?

looks like the end of Q2 ;-D

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 250)

Postby jfg » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:38 am

This kind of falls under mobile apps:

If you use Foobar 2000 as your music player, there is a plugin for it that allows it to be controlled by Apple's Remote app. I set up an old netbook I had (Asus 2g surf w/ Tiny XP BARE installed) with an external drive that I just run Foobar off of and control with my iPhone. Pretty sweet. No Apple limitations of music file formats and no iTunes which Airplay forces you to use so you don't have a bloated program and music that sounds like crap.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 85)

Postby jfg » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:31 pm

There's a new app called Village Voice Best of which is really awesome if you live in a major metro area. It takes the best of lists of your cities alternative paper and then sorts them by how close you are in proximity. Very much like Yelp but Yelp sometimes sucks because reviews are based on a couple votes and you get all kinds of fast food as well. This is just the critics favorites.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon May 02, 2011 11:17 am

You Don't Know Jack for iphone ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D

As good as I remembered it.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby jfg » Thu May 05, 2011 5:03 pm

Out of the Park came out today for iPhone. $4.99 and you can do current season and play past this year and a few years of historic seasons. They say it's slow on a 3G phone but I'm giving it a shot anyway. Anything after 3G is fine... I'm still holding out for my contract to expire to get a 4.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby StlSluggers » Thu May 05, 2011 5:06 pm

jfg wrote:Out of the Park came out today for iPhone. $4.99 and you can do current season and play past this year and a few years of historic seasons. They say it's slow on a 3G phone but I'm giving it a shot anyway. Anything after 3G is fine... I'm still holding out for my contract to expire to get a 4.

do you know if they're developing it for android?
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby bigh0rt » Thu May 05, 2011 6:05 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
jfg wrote:Out of the Park came out today for iPhone. $4.99 and you can do current season and play past this year and a few years of historic seasons. They say it's slow on a 3G phone but I'm giving it a shot anyway. Anything after 3G is fine... I'm still holding out for my contract to expire to get a 4.

you should just get a man's phone so i can dominate you in OOTP.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Postby StlSluggers » Thu May 05, 2011 6:13 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:

you should just get a man's phone so i can dominate you in OOTP.

work pays for my entire plan, unlimited data and everything. probably saves me over a grand/year

you won't hear a single complaint from me about my phone
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby jfg » Thu May 05, 2011 6:14 pm

StlSluggers wrote:

No, iPhone only. I don't think there is any multiplayer function in it. But, it's working fine on 3G, I had to restart my phone to clear memory for the intial league initialize, but now it's working perfect in game and managing lineups. Major leagues only, so it's a stripped down version but it's a really great game for being on a phone. Trades are still there, managing strategy, play by play....
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk