Scouting Reports for Prospects - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Scouting Reports for Prospects

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Scouting Reports for Prospects

Postby Steve-o » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:15 pm

This year in my spreadsheet I have taken to listing the repetoire of each pitcher, their fastball velocity, and the plus tools for the hitters. I am taking this from the articles I read on the prospects. However, I would like to get a little more in depth and see actual scouting reports. You know, the 20 to 80 scouting scale and rankings on each individual tool. As far as I know, only two sources publish this type of information. BaseballBeginnings.com and Baseball-Intellect.com. Any other sources people know about? What about BA? If you are a subscriber can you see actual scouting reports that list the scouting scale ranking for that prospect's tools.
In my fridge: Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout (KBS), Central Waters Peruvian Morning, Bell's Batch 10,000, Dale's Pale Ale, Capital Brewery Amber, New Glarus Moon Man, and Guinness.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Scouting Reports for Prospects

Postby bigken117 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:41 am

Baseball Cube has it

Scouting Report
Power: 50
Batting: 86
Speed: 74
Patience: 22

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Re: Scouting Reports for Prospects

Postby Steve-o » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:37 am

bigken117 wrote:Baseball Cube has it

Scouting Report
Power: 50
Batting: 86
Speed: 74
Patience: 22

Yeah, I've seen that. I suppose I could translate that to to the 20-80 scouting scale. The good thing about the actual scouting reports is that they give a current and a future grade. So when you see someone as 40/60 power, you know that they are expected to develop plus power. I'm not sure how the cube calculates their scouting report numbers, but I bet it is a mathematical formula based on numbers. If that is the case, then you don't get those future projection numbers that are so valuable to the scouting reports.

Anybody else know any sources?
In my fridge: Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout (KBS), Central Waters Peruvian Morning, Bell's Batch 10,000, Dale's Pale Ale, Capital Brewery Amber, New Glarus Moon Man, and Guinness.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Minor League & College Baseball