Jimmy Kimmel is awesome - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Jimmy Kimmel is awesome

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Jimmy Kimmel is awesome

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:54 pm

mweir145 wrote:This was from an article in September:

Jay Leno defended his "Tonight Show"successor in an interview with Tavis Smiley Monday.

Leno said that the attention to Conan O'Brien's ratings woes is "the exact same thing I went through when I took over from Johnny [Carson]."

"Whoever has the job goes through this," Leno said. "It's all part of the growing pains. [Ratings go] down for a while and then [they come] back up again. And I don't think it's fair to judge Conan on what's happened in a month or two....I got beat up for four or five months, and you still go out with your chin up, fight the good fight."

Since taking over from Leno, Conan has seen the "Tonight Show" ratings go from first in the late night ratings to third, behind both CBS' "Late Show with David Letterman" and ABC's "Nightline."

"Conan was number one for 17 years in a row in his spot," Leno said. "OK, he moves to another spot, it takes a while to find yourself, and that's what hes going through.

lol, "chin up."

Plus Leno and local news was getting killed in the ratings so Conan didn't have the lead-in Leno had.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 325)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:03 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
mweir145 wrote:This was from an article in September:

Jay Leno defended his "Tonight Show"successor in an interview with Tavis Smiley Monday.

Leno said that the attention to Conan O'Brien's ratings woes is "the exact same thing I went through when I took over from Johnny [Carson]."

"Whoever has the job goes through this," Leno said. "It's all part of the growing pains. [Ratings go] down for a while and then [they come] back up again. And I don't think it's fair to judge Conan on what's happened in a month or two....I got beat up for four or five months, and you still go out with your chin up, fight the good fight."

Since taking over from Leno, Conan has seen the "Tonight Show" ratings go from first in the late night ratings to third, behind both CBS' "Late Show with David Letterman" and ABC's "Nightline."

"Conan was number one for 17 years in a row in his spot," Leno said. "OK, he moves to another spot, it takes a while to find yourself, and that's what hes going through.

lol, "chin up."

Plus Leno and local news was getting killed in the ratings so Conan didn't have the lead-in Leno had.

That's definitely true. NBC's entire plan with "The Jay Leno Show" was destined to be a failure from the beginning.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby AussieDodger » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:42 pm

Saw this "live", really enjoyed. :-b
The truth hurts :-b
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:06 am

I didn't think that this deserved its own thread but this Jimmy Fallon piece is great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv9Q7HkgI-g
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 275)

Postby AussieDodger » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:44 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:I didn't think that this deserved its own thread but this Jimmy Fallon piece is great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv9Q7HkgI-g

FAIL

This video has been removed due to terms of use violation.
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Previous

Return to General Talk