Assassin's Creed II = truly awesome - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

Assassin's Creed II = truly awesome

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Assassin's Creed II = truly awesome

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:33 am

Hey guys - I just finished playing this game (took about 16 hours over 10 days to get all 1000 xbox 360 achievements) and I thought it was a phenomenal game - everything from the graphics, to the story line, to the attention to detail in all aspects was simply amazing. It's probably one of the top-5 console games I've ever played (maybe higher if I actually made the list ;-) )...

Anyone else buy/play yet? Thoughts? :-?
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Assassin's Creed II = truly awesome

Postby jfg » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:30 pm

Just rented this yesterday and I'm liking it. I don't think it's the best ever but it's 100x better than the first one just because it's not as repetitive and it's not as easy to stay out of sight. The first one was way too easy to run away.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 85)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jfg » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:56 pm

My favorite part of the game is getting the seals. I don't know if you've done this one yet but there's one where you have to find the way to the top of the inside of a tower to get a seal and I actually felt queasy/disoriented from how far from the ground I was.

I don't know how far in I am but just like the first one the assassinations are starting to get a little repetitive and it's kind of easy to kill guards and conspirators. So far (I'm at the point right after the first time I went back to the real world to test my skills), you hardly have to stay out of sight because it's so easy to use the counter kill to get rid of a mob of guards. But at least there is enough to do in between them that you don't notice as much. But, after playing Arkham Asylum where you have to stay out of sight to stay alive it's a little disappointing how easy it is to take out 10-20 guards at a time.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby KCollins1304 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:40 pm

I've got the first one on the way via goozex. I figured I should play that one first.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:42 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:I've got the first one on the way via goozex. I figured I should play that one first.

It's solid, definitely worth playing - heck, it'll prolly help you appreciate the second one even more too ;-D
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KCollins1304 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:50 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
KCollins1304 wrote:I've got the first one on the way via goozex. I figured I should play that one first.

It's solid, definitely worth playing - heck, it'll prolly help you appreciate the second one even more too ;-D

Yea I had already read how much better AC2 was and that game is the main reason I'm going to suffer through the first one.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jfg » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:44 am

Someone make one of those FUUUUU comics about getting to the end stage of the game and realizing you were supposed to be collecting the codex pages the whole game and can't continue until you do. :~(
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby jfg » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:02 am

The ending kind of sucked. The end fight was long but super easy, it wasn't even hard to get to it. Really the only difficult parts of the game were the assassins tombs. I hope they incorporate that kind of difficulty into the actual game instead of just side quests in part 3.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:15 am

Yeah, if I had one knock on the game, it would be the lack of overall difficulty (in anything other than getting the seals, which still aren't THAT hard), but if they make improvements like they did from AC1 to AC2, I have faith it will be an even better game. The graphics and the storytelling in this game are absolutely phenomenal if you're into history from the time period, and I think that the few gameplay issues will be addressed going forward (or at least I sure hope they do) ;-D

BTW, for what it's worth I've heard that all of the DLC (downloadable content) levels are/are going to be decent fillins to the memory gaps when the story jumps from Sequence 11 to Sequence 14, but there are no really new gameplay elements added and it sounds like it's debatable if they're worth the extra $5 apiece...

Anyone played Battle for Forli expansion level yet?
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Postby jfg » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:40 pm

My gripes don't take anything away from the fact that it was a good game. It takes a great game for me to take the hours to finish it, so obviously I really liked it.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Video Games