Innovative League Looking for Founding Owners - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Innovative League Looking for Founding Owners

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Innovative League Looking for Founding Owners

Postby ombrewers » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:36 pm

If interested, please email Jay at jason.otoole@cmef.org.

1. Overview

The purpose of the Executive Fantasy Baseball League (EFBL) is to model conditions that simulate the experience of general managers in Major League Baseball (MLB). Recognizing not all conditions may be possible to simulate, the rules and procedures attempt to mirror the conditions that general managers in MLB face when making decisions to sign free agents, draft players, make trades, and set daily lineups.

2. General rules

2a. Rosters
i. 25 player rosters
i. starting line-ups (C, 1b, 2b, 3b, SS, 3 OF, 5 SP, 3 RP)

2b. Salary cap
i. $1 million in actual MLB salary = $1 in actual EFBL entry fee
ii. Salary cap = MLB team average (the cap may be exceeded, but a luxury tax is applied)

2c. Player contracts & salaries
i. Players signed to an EFBL team are signed to the length and terms of the MLB contract
ii. Players salaries based on Cot's Baseball Contracts website (http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/)

2d. Contract renewals
i. When a player’s MLB contract expires (or is renegotiated), the EFBL team that has the player under contract will have first right to refusal to re-sign the player with the new contract terms

2e. Roster management
i. Players may be dropped, but the contract terms are the responsibility of the original team (unless the player is picked up by another team)
ii. Players on the DL may be replaced with players on the waiver wire, but the contract terms of the player added become the responsibility of the EFBL picking up the player
iii. Players may be traded between EFBL teams and the salaries and contract terms are not applied until the next year
iv. Trades may include cash, draft picks, and players to be named later
v. July 31 trade deadline, after that waiver wire may still be used

2g. Draft
i. Draft begins each year on March 1
ii. Draft is conducted via email with a master spreadsheet circulated after each pick by the team making the selection

2h. Schedule, stats, standings
i. head to head competition (weekly)
ii. eight team playoffs
iii. 5x5 (BA, R, HR, RBI, SB, ERA, W, SV, WHIP, K)
iv. min 40 IP per week

2i. Schedule, stats, standings
i. EFBL fees determined by team salary totals ($1 per $1 million in MLB salaries)
ii. The entire term of the contract due upon signing a player
iii. The total team salaries determines each year's purse
iv. Fees for contract terms beyond the current year are applied during the year of the contract (i.e. if $16 million is owed to Bay in 2011, the $66 is paid in 2010 when signed for the $66 million dollar contract, but $6.5 is included in the 2010 EFBL purse and $16 is added to the 2011 EFBL purse)

2j. Payout
i. Payout (35% best regular season winning percentage, 50% to post season winner, 5% CY, 5% MVP, and 5% ROY)
ii. PayPal will be used for all payments and payouts.

2k. Commissioner
Recognizing the rules stated above will not cover every issue that may arise, the commissioner may and will make adjustments as needed. While the league will and should raise concerns and provide feedback when ambiguous situations arise, the commissioner will make all final decisions.

If interested, please email Jay at jason.otoole@cmef.org. I have a more thorough document to help explain the concepts with examples and greater detail. I started a similar league last year and it was a lot of fun. The initial draft took about 20 days via email and I expect following years will take less time.
ombrewers
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Classifieds