I have 4 openings available in a 5x5 Roto, 10 team (keep 6), deep bench free league I run in Yahoo. We do a slow draft via Yahoo Groups each year (see league rules and details below) and I need to replace 4 owners who can not do it this year. Decent squads are available. The league plays out on Yahoo. No nonsense league, active owners only. If you are interested, reply here or send me message.
League Rules General: -League will be hosted on Yahoo and be free. -Standard 5x5 Roto, 10 team mixed league keeper. -Weekly lineups -We will keep 6 players. Keepers must be declared by January 8th. -We will draft 30 rounds, including the bench slots.
Draft: -We will draft here via message board posts. -Snaked Draft will be a slow draft with 8 hour time limits (Not including the 12 AM to 8 AM hours). Start time is likely to be sometime during the week of January 15th. I will let every one know as soon as I can. - Each team will get 8 hours to make a pick when it is their turn. The clock will start from the point in time at which the prior team on the clock made his/her pick. So, for example, if the draft started on Jan 8th at noon, the team with the first pick would have until 8 PM to make a pick. If team 1 made its pick at 12:30 PM, then team 2 will have until 8:30 PM to make their pick, etc. We do not count the 12 AM to 8 AM timeframe against anyone. So if team 1 made his pick at 7:30 PM, Team 2 would have until 11:30 AM the next day to pick, etc. Once the person ahead of you makes their pick via message board post, you are free to post your pick. You do not have to wait for me or another moderator to officially recognize it. I have done these types of drafts before and you should basically check in once or twice a day to make sure your pick is not up/due. - Those who miss their picks will be auto-picked to the next highest value available player according to the Rototimes valuation of 2009 $ values using the leagues rules/roster size (see file uploaded to this site with the 2009 Rototimes values). If you miss a number of picks, you will be booted from the league. -The 2 teams on the end of the snake (teams with the first and 10th pick) will be making 2 picks as the snake turns (team 10 gets overall picks 10 and 11, team 1 gets overall picks 20 and 21, etc.). Those teams will have a total of one 8 hour period to make both their picks as there is no point in allowing the same person 16 hours to make 2 successive picks. -Draft order will be determined by inverse order of 2009 final standings. -Your 6 keepers will be pre-filled in as your round 1-6 picks in the Master Draft Database Table. -Only players in the Yahoo Database or those expected to start season in the Majors may be selected.
Roster: -Roster breakdown: 2 C 1 1b 1 2b 1 ss 1 3b 1 CI 1 MI 5 OFs 1 Util
9 Ps 1200 IP min required, no max
7 bench spots 2 DL spots
Conduct: - no trash talking or foul language tolerated. Violators will be banned or ejected at Commish's discretion. - Commish is in charge and has full discretion to enforce the rules in the best interest of the league. - All decisions regarding rule interpreations, rule changes, keepers, etc. reside with the Commissioner who has full discretion to act in the best interests of the league. - Dead teams or non-participating owners replaced at Commish's discretion.
Trading Rules: 1. You are allowed to make trades during the draft. However, the trades are restricted under the following rules: a. All trades must be for equal numbers of players (1 for 1, 2 for 2, etc.) so as to stay within the roster size restrictions.
b. You are NOT allowed to trade draft picks only players that have actually been selected up to the present point in time.
2. In season trading is permitted as per Yahoo rules.
3. Trade voting. Trades can be vetoed if 4 or more non-involved owners object to a deal. Objections to be lodged to the Commish via email.
4. Trade review is 3 days.
5. Off-season trading for Keeper purposes is allowed prior to the Keeper declaration deadline.
Also note: 1. Your pick should be made via message post.
2. You must fill out your active roster position-wise during the draft. If you are missing a 2b for example and your 30th pick is due, you have to pick a 2b.
3. You may or may not decide that getting an email for each post is too annoying and may find it more desirable to switch to the daily digest mode. That is up to each individual owner.
4. I have created a database table with the master draft list in it that I or one of the other moderators will update as the draft progresses.
5. There are 2 moderators: myself and 2b or not 2b. 2b will also serve as vice-commish of the league. Should you be worried about missing your pick during the day for work reasons or whatever, please feel free to send a list of desired picks in order to one of us and we will be glad to make the pick for you based on your list when your turn comes up. Please note that if you supply a list to a moderator, we will wait the full 8 hours before auto-picking from your supplied list unless you tell us otherwise (in a case where you know you will not be available for instance). Also, in the case where you send a list, I ask that the owner sending the list post a message on the forum that he has supplied a list to one of the moderators. This will prevent the next person from picking erroneously.
6. Missed/Late Picks. a. If you exceed your 8 hours, myself or 2b will auto-pick you from the RotoTimes value list as noted previously. We will do so at the first opportunity that presents itself when we are online. However, obviously we may or may not be around at the exact moment an owner's 8 hour clock expires. In the case time has lapsed on an owner, the next person up is free to pick on the assumption that an auto-pick will be made and assuming that the owner has not announced via message board that a list was sent to a moderator as noted previously.
b. If a pick is made by a owner after the 8 hour window has expired but BEFORE the next owner has made his pick, it is at the Commish's discretion as to whether to allow it. Generally, I am not going to quibble in this case if the owner posts within an hour after the 8 hour window and prior to the next owner picking. Anything after that, I will generally not allow and force the auto-pick. Of course once the next person up picks, the auto-pick is locked in.
7. Minor Leaguers. Only players in the Yahoo database are eligible as we have no farm system per se. Anyone who can be reasonably assumed to have a chance to start the season in the Majors is draftable. You do so at your own risk however. Should that player not be called up or at least put into the Yahoo Database by May 1, you are out of luck and lose all rights to the player so factor that into consideration when planning out your draft picks.
Upon request, I will allow you to hold a scrub of my choosing in a bench slot until May 1 as a filler for a drafted player waiting to come up (as opposed to the start of the season). I do this to clear Yahoo Database issues or pre- season injury issues at the start of the season. But there will be no maintaining or policing of a minor league system as it is not allowed in this league. So come May 1, if your pick is not in the Majors or in the Yahoo database you lose all rights to the player.
Position Eligibility: We are playing on Yahoo so we will follow Yahoo position eligibility rules. Last year, this was 5 Games Played at a position. I assume that will not change. In any event, whatever Yahoo says a player is eligible for in 2009 is what will be enforced in this league.
Note some of the teams available have potential keepers that include:
Team 1: Vlad, Hamilton, C. Lee, VMart, Sizemore, Zimmerman, Lincecum, KRod Team 2: Bay, Ellsbury, Pujols, Rollins, J. Upton, Webb, Peavy Team 3: Beltran, Dunn, Kinsler, Markakis, Utley, Wright, Papelbon, Verlander, F. Hernandez Team 4: Braun, Ethier, Fielder, Howard, Figgins, HRam, McCann, Roberts, J. Santana