Baseball Spreadsheets - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Baseball Spreadsheets

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Baseball Spreadsheets

Postby jf1881 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Thanks for the advice. I was going to make the spreadsheet so we have access to the league everyday and not just in season so we can make off season moves.
jf1881
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby neoforce » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:25 pm

jf1881 wrote:Thanks for the advice. I was going to make the spreadsheet so we have access to the league everyday and not just in season so we can make off season moves.

forgot that one. cbs does that too.
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby jf1881 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:12 am

Does anyone else have any more ideas? I was looking for a template and im also looking for codes for proboards to run a menu down the side of links.
jf1881
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby mblax10 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:16 pm

neoforce wrote:cbs also lets you track contracts, add players not in the db (if deep minor league keepers are involved) and track/trade future minor league draft picks. The future draft picks takes some creativity but can be done so that they are tracked even during trades.

Cbs isn't cheap, there are things about it that bug me, but I think it does so much well its worth the $10-$15 it costs each team each year.

This is for the $180 CBS Commissioner league? This could really help our league. I've never used CBS. What are some of the draw backs?
mblax10
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kab21 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:08 pm

mblax10 wrote:
neoforce wrote:cbs also lets you track contracts, add players not in the db (if deep minor league keepers are involved) and track/trade future minor league draft picks. The future draft picks takes some creativity but can be done so that they are tracked even during trades.

Cbs isn't cheap, there are things about it that bug me, but I think it does so much well its worth the $10-$15 it costs each team each year.

This is for the $180 CBS Commissioner league? This could really help our league. I've never used CBS. What are some of the draw backs?

The year 2001 interface (or earlier) that you propose trades and pick up FA's. Seriously you can't think of a better way to do this than to use a small drop box (or whatever you want to call it). But overall I do like CBS especially if you have a complex league that requires a lot of customization.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 167)

Postby neoforce » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:50 am

mblax10 wrote:

Yes, that is the product I'm talking about but as an FYI, it is $150 if you pay by Feb 5th. (unless that is just for returning leagues.)

The main problem I have had with cbs is FAAB. We use bidding for every pickup, (we do weekly transactions) and they have an interface to allow people to input their bids. Then as commish I process them. I find that entire process to be a problem, but part of that may be our league rules that I'm trying to enforce as part of the process.

There are other quirky things, but part of that is because there is a lot of customization available.
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby wrveres » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:59 am

jf1881 wrote:Does anyone else have any more ideas? I was looking for a template and im also looking for codes for proboards to run a menu down the side of links.

i linked you to the codes for proboards. all you had to do was copy and paste.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 757)

Postby jf1881 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:59 am

I did that but im not familiar with how to add the links and stuff. I got the menu but nothing works right.
jf1881
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby wrveres » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:24 am

jf1881 wrote:I did that but im not familiar with how to add the links and stuff. I got the menu but nothing works right.
maybe you should think about going with the CBS option .. above
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 757)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers