Baseball Spreadsheets - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Baseball Spreadsheets

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Baseball Spreadsheets

Postby jf1881 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:17 pm

I was wondering if anyone know anywhere I can get a templates for a baseball leagues in EXCEL. I wanna keep track of the salaries and stuff and im not sure how to make something that always updates. I would also like to keep track of players stats on the spreadsheet of the players that are on each team. Im not looking for a draft cheatsheet, a spreadsheet to run a league and maintain it.
jf1881
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Baseball Spreadsheets

Postby neoforce » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:27 pm

I'm confused... If I understand, you are looking for a spreadsheet to run your league so that you would input all of the players, all of the salaries for each team and all of the stats for each player each day/week during the season. Then formulas would calculate the standings.

Is that what you want?

If so, why would you possibly want to put that all in manually when there are free/pay sites that do all of the work for you? I can't imagine anyone does it that way anymore. The stuff in bold, putting in the stats, would take soooooo much time.

If that isn't what you are looking for, could you explain more?
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby jf1881 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:00 pm

No, we will use yahoo or cbs for the scoring. What im looking for is a way to keep track of the dynasty aspects of the league, salaries, years of contract, and AB for the minor leaguers. That kind of stuff.
jf1881
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:19 pm

Sounds like you're going to have to make that one yourself my friend. Google spreadsheets will allow you to input formulas, dollar amounts, etc. It takes a little work to set it up, but if you know how to use excel, you'll be in pretty good shape.
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby jf1881 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:26 pm

I was just looking for some kind of template. I figured there wasnt much out there.
jf1881
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby KCollins1304 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:26 pm

Here is a the spreadsheet that my league uses to keep track of all the stuff you're talking about: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... -K1hYse8cg
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Element » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:33 pm

jf1881 wrote:No, we will use yahoo or cbs for the scoring. What im looking for is a way to keep track of the dynasty aspects of the league, salaries, years of contract, and AB for the minor leaguers. That kind of stuff.

If you're willing to form over the bucks, CBS allows the commish to add columns on the team pages. We use it to track salaries in our auction league. It's expensive though. And I'm not 100% sure it's what you would need. Creating team pages in excel is your other alternative. Unless you're efficient with your entry & formulas, it's going to be a lot of manual entry.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 693)

Postby jf1881 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:22 am

Yeah I kinda figured. Im just trying to make it easy on myself to keep track of this stuff.
jf1881
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby wrveres » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:27 am

KCollins1304 wrote:Here is a the spreadsheet that my league uses to keep track of all the stuff you're talking about: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... -K1hYse8cg

spreadsheet? that things a friggin work of art!
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 671)

Postby neoforce » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:55 am

Element wrote:
jf1881 wrote:No, we will use yahoo or cbs for the scoring. What im looking for is a way to keep track of the dynasty aspects of the league, salaries, years of contract, and AB for the minor leaguers. That kind of stuff.

If you're willing to form over the bucks, CBS allows the commish to add columns on the team pages. We use it to track salaries in our auction league. It's expensive though. And I'm not 100% sure it's what you would need. Creating team pages in excel is your other alternative. Unless you're efficient with your entry & formulas, it's going to be a lot of manual entry.

cbs also lets you track contracts, add players not in the db (if deep minor league keepers are involved) and track/trade future minor league draft picks. The future draft picks takes some creativity but can be done so that they are tracked even during trades.

Cbs isn't cheap, there are things about it that bug me, but I think it does so much well its worth the $10-$15 it costs each team each year.
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers