Any fantasy bball pay sites worth the $? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Any fantasy bball pay sites worth the $?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Any fantasy bball pay sites worth the $?

Postby Ballpark Frank » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:00 pm

In my many years of playing fantasy baseball/football, I've never paid money for fantasy informational type sites that offer draft kits, in-season updates, rankings, projections, etc. Thanks to sites like this and many others, it's usually pretty easy to formulate solid opinions of players, trades and drafting. Perhaps it's the junkie in me yearning for more, but I'm curious to hear some reviews of fantasy baseball pay sites that you've used in the past. Any good, bad or ugly experiences from previous seasons for someone considering trying one?
Ballpark Frank
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Any fantasy bball pay sites worth the $?

Postby Ender » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:20 pm

Fantistics is a pretty solid product though it is rather expensive. They do daily notes on players, comes with a draft tool, player projections updated on a weekly and eventually daily basis etc.

It is mostly info you can find elsewhere though not as nicely structured, so I decided it wasn't worth keeping. I got it one year as a gift for Christmas and found it being a useful product though.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Montana168 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:35 pm

as most people will tell you, there is no need to pay for a site when you can use the cafe. this same question is brought up every year, and most people seem to believe (including myself) that you can get the same info/updates that you can with a pay site, for free here on the cafe. the info may even be better here on the cafe because it is updated by the thousands of users on this site up-to-the-minute.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby HeyArnold » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:15 pm

I agree that this site is great for information and its not worth paying for information on another site.

-HeyArnold ;-D
Last edited by HeyArnold on Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Supporter of Colorado Sports Teams
HeyArnold
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby bigken117 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:21 pm

Baseball Prospectus has fantasy content, and they're worth the price of admission IMO.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby Steve-o » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:14 am

bigken117 wrote:Baseball Prospectus has fantasy content, and they're worth the price of admission IMO.

I agree with this. It is the only site I pay money for, but I subscribe for their other baseball related content and not fantasy news. They are certainly not fantasy focused and if that is your main goal in a site, they probably aren't worth it for you.
In my fridge: Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout (KBS), Central Waters Peruvian Morning, Bell's Batch 10,000, Dale's Pale Ale, Capital Brewery Amber, New Glarus Moon Man, and Guinness.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:29 am

Ender wrote:Fantistics is a pretty solid product though it is rather expensive. They do daily notes on players, comes with a draft tool, player projections updated on a weekly and eventually daily basis etc.

It is mostly info you can find elsewhere though not as nicely structured, so I decided it wasn't worth keeping. I got it one year as a gift for Christmas and found it being a useful product though.

I get them every year just for the daily headlines and insight. Not all of it is worth what you pay for it (*cough* Denkemeyer *cough*), but there's info and insight. If you don't like what they have to say, analyze the info yourself.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Ender » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:41 am

bigken117 wrote:Baseball Prospectus has fantasy content, and they're worth the price of admission IMO.

I don't think their fantasy content is really worth it. I keep my subscription because their real baseball articles are great though. I certainly wouldn't suggest someone pay for BP if all they wanted was fantasy info.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby XTSilver » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:43 pm

I have used baseballnotebook.com for years and love their projection sets.
XTSilver
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby zepfan » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:16 pm

I've been happy with my subscription to Sporting News Fantasy Source for $20 a year. I like that they archive player updates for several years so it's easy to read up on a player's history. I've found it helpful when I'm reading about a sleeper so I can find out if he was ever highly-regarded as a prospect. Lots of sortable search functions depending on what you're looking for. I don't use it as often as the Cafe but if ever I hard a hard time finding info on a player, they've almost always got something about him. The sleeper and hot/cold player articles are updated fairly frequently too. They also have standard fare like positional rankings, projections, mock drafts and so on... It's a good backup. ;-D

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers