Is this team as GREAT as I think it is. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Is this team as GREAT as I think it is.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is this team as GREAT as I think it is.

Postby smyoung11 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:22 pm

I am in a Keeper league where the winner pulls down about $2500 and you have to make about a $500 investment each year. I took over a team last season that was in 11th place in 2008 and used last year as a give away year to make as many pickups and trades as possible. I traded for players that were injured and such as well as use the #1 waiver priority to pick up what ever hot young player that was coming up and then turn around and trade them later in the season.(Gordon Beckham & others) before the season started I had all the High ceiling young arms. I was loaded

2008 Roster 13 keepers
C - Doumit
1B - Youkoliss
2B - Alexi Ramirez
3B - Zimmerman
OF - Mcluth
SP - Peavy
SP - Bedard
SP - Kershaw
SP - Sherzer
SP - Gallardo
SP - Liriano
SP - Price
RP - Papelbon

2010 13 Keepers
C - Mauer - Traded for him when he was Hurt
C - Weiters
1B - Pujols
2B - Utley
MI - Phillips
3B - Arod - Traded for him when he was Hurt
OF - Holliday - Traded for him when he was sucking in Oakland
OF - Hamilton
SP - Halladay
SP - Peavy - Traded him then Re-aquired him when he was hurt
SP - Josh Johnson
SP - Price - Hold Over
RP - Papelbon - Hold Over

I am thinking this was the "Greatest" fantasy managerial turn around in history of a bad roster, am I wrong in thinking this? I feel like what I did was nothing short of amazing but was curious as to other peoples feelings? Am I going to run away with things in 2010?
smyoung11
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is this team as GREAT as I think it is.

Postby BoBtheMule » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:37 pm

it's certainly a nice turnaround

Personally, I'd try to spin Wieters into some other player... you have Mauer so he's kinda unneeded unless you start two catchers. The only player you have that I don't really believe in is Hamilton... I just worry about the sub. abuse/injury history and his slight relaspe last year.

If this is a roto league, you are maybe lacking steals but otherwise this is a real nice team and I can definately see you contending.

Bob
BoBtheMule
College Coach
College Coach

Postby smyoung11 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:48 pm

Thanks Bob,

The League allows you to Start Two Catchers and there is no way I am willing to trade a kid that could end up hitting like Mike Piazza unless I was offered a deal that was at where I think his value is truly worth. I agree on worrying about Josh Hamilton but trading him now at the lowest value makes no sense as he was a 1st or 2nd rounder last year in most drafts and at current he is a 6th round value. With my squad I am willing to roll the dice and there will be a lot of older good hitting OF's available during the draft.

There will be some excellent SB options available in the draft Borbon, Pierre Davis and a bunch of others which is why I traded Figgens just a week ago.
smyoung11
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby manmagoonbt » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:01 pm

It is really nice looking team. But I would try and spin a starter for one more big bat in that line up and you will be unstoppable.
manmagoonbt
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team