Beltre to Boston? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Beltre to Boston?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Beltre to Boston?

Postby wrveres » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:26 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote: Except in SD his isn't a distraction for a team fighting for a playoff spot.
grrrr :-C
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31755
(Past Year: 746)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Beltre to Boston?

Postby DaSh 1s » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:29 pm

kab21 wrote:
Tavish wrote:If Lopez got traded or hurt it could be an interesting race for HR futility, right now the Royals are in the drivers seat. Oakland could be a dark horse though, I keep forgetting how craptastic that lineup is.


jake fox - 30+ :-D


Ya, my friend, I was just going to say, Oakland has plenty of power with uber Jake Fox the Home Run threat.
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1893
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 1 Aug 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Beltre to Boston?

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:21 pm

Tavish wrote:If Lopez got traded or hurt it could be an interesting race for HR futility, right now the Royals are in the drivers seat. Oakland could be a dark horse though, I keep forgetting how craptastic that lineup is.


:-C :-t
In June, Taylor/Carter come up.
Who comes up for the Royals? That's right }:-)
Image
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11354
(Past Year: 16)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: Beltre to Boston?

Postby bigken117 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:09 pm

AussieDodger wrote:
Tavish wrote:If Lopez got traded or hurt it could be an interesting race for HR futility, right now the Royals are in the drivers seat. Oakland could be a dark horse though, I keep forgetting how craptastic that lineup is.


:-C :-t
In June, Taylor/Carter come up.
Who comes up for the Royals? That's right }:-)


O:-)

Image
Image

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 12877
(Past Year: 251)
Joined: 15 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: posed in an awkward stance

Re: Beltre to Boston?

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:14 pm

bigken117 wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:
Tavish wrote:If Lopez got traded or hurt it could be an interesting race for HR futility, right now the Royals are in the drivers seat. Oakland could be a dark horse though, I keep forgetting how craptastic that lineup is.


:-C :-t
In June, Taylor/Carter come up.
Who comes up for the Royals? That's right }:-)


O:-)

Image


Not for the Royals.
Dayton will probably have traded him for Delmon Young by June. ;-7
Image
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11354
(Past Year: 16)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: Beltre to Boston?

Postby Tavish » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:45 pm

Grrr, Cust resigns with Oakland. That should give them enough of a boost to get them out of the running.
Image

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
Posts: 11067
(Past Year: 34)
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Beltre to Boston?

Postby wrveres » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:11 pm

Theo speaks to the Boston Fans
Theo Epstein wrote:"In our opinion, this is just not a guy that they're going to move this winter and they may not move, ever. If they are going to move him, it's probably more likely to be next winter or the Trade Deadline after that. I don't think we took ourselves out of the potential acquisition of any great player by the moves that we made this winter. At the same time, I don't think it would have been fruitful to hold your breath and stomp your feet and hope that someone trades you a great player."


reading between the lines, i believe he said, "you are acting like children" :-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31755
(Past Year: 746)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Beltre to Boston?

Postby Neato Torpedo » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:15 pm

wrveres wrote:Theo speaks to the Boston Fans
Theo Epstein wrote:"In our opinion, this is just not a guy that they're going to move this winter and they may not move, ever. If they are going to move him, it's probably more likely to be next winter or the Trade Deadline after that. I don't think we took ourselves out of the potential acquisition of any great player by the moves that we made this winter. At the same time, I don't think it would have been fruitful to hold your breath and stomp your feet and hope that someone trades you a great player."


reading between the lines, i believe he said, "you are acting like children" :-D

LOL

I suddenly like Theo. :-D
Image

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter
Posts: 8618
Joined: 4 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: we don't burn gasoline, we burn our dreams

Re: Beltre to Boston?

Postby DaSh 1s » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:09 am

Neato Torpedo wrote:I suddenly like Theo. :-D


Do you like him in a gorilla suit?
Image
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1893
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 1 Aug 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Beltre to Boston?

Postby Neato Torpedo » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:53 pm

DaSh 1s wrote:
Neato Torpedo wrote:I suddenly like Theo. :-D


Do you like him in a gorilla suit?
Image

If he's simultaneously making fun of his team's fans, then sure.
Image

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter
Posts: 8618
Joined: 4 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: we don't burn gasoline, we burn our dreams

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Jul. 31
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Chi White Sox at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
St. Louis at San Diego
(3:40 pm)
Philadelphia at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
LA Angels at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Atlanta at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact