Looking to join Chicago area Auction Ultra league - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Looking to join Chicago area Auction Ultra league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Looking to join Chicago area Auction Ultra league

Postby head first slide » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:43 pm

I'm looking to join a league that doesn't hold their auction on the weekend of my other leagues (April 9,10, 2010).
You can find me at
haineyjkjj@comcast.net
Jeff Hainey
head first slide
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Looking to join Chicago area Auction Ultra league

Postby jeffmerk » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:07 pm

We've got a 12 team NL only 5x5 Ultra league looking for two replacement owners. Fees are mostly pay as you go and average about $300 when all is said and done. The draft will be on 3/27( a week earlier than usual in order to avoid Easter weekend) in the northwest suburbs. The league is entering its eigth season and we've had four different winners the last four years so there is plenty of parity.
jeffmerk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 50)

Postby head first slide » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:41 pm

That sounds right up my alley. It sounds exactly like the two I am in (Chicagoland). So I would feel very comfortable joining and you would be more at ease that I know and already enjoy the ultra format. But I would be drafting for my other teams on the weekend of April 9th and 10th.
I wanted an ultra league because I enjoy the reserve roster ramifications and feel it's a much better game. I joined my first ultra league in 1999, and then a second in 2000. I also am in a league that's going on about 25 years with buddies from college, that does not have reserve rosters. Four or five of them have entered the ultra game in our leagues.
My email is:
haineyjkjj@comcast.net
Jeff Hainey
269 845 5002
I'll be anxious to hear from you or see the team(s) available. Although I can't open an excel file at my home computer (if you have pdf).
head first slide
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 1)

Postby jeffmerk » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:39 pm

It's good to see that someone still appreciates what a great game Ultra is. I'll send you an e-mail with contact info for the commish.
jeffmerk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 50)

Return to Classifieds