100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Intro to keeper leagues?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Intro to keeper leagues?

Postby garf112 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:44 pm

kab21 wrote:
wrveres wrote:
garf112 wrote:if you aren't playing to win every year, you aren't playing correctly.

hear hear

This settles it, I need to go trade Jesus Montero, Aaron Hicks and Westmoreland for Konerko and Felipe Lopez in my 24 team, 35 player keeper because it gives me a better shot at winning this year.

If it means you win next year, go for it. Montero might end up being the next big thing or he might end up being Alex Gordon. Hicks is what two or three years away from even having an MLB at bat? Westmoreland is even further away... I don't really understand your point?
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Intro to keeper leagues?

Postby J35J » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:06 pm

garf112 wrote:
kab21 wrote:
wrveres wrote:hear hear

This settles it, I need to go trade Jesus Montero, Aaron Hicks and Westmoreland for Konerko and Felipe Lopez in my 24 team, 35 player keeper because it gives me a better shot at winning this year.

If it means you win next year, go for it. Montero might end up being the next big thing or he might end up being Alex Gordon. Hicks is what two or three years away from even having an MLB at bat? Westmoreland is even further away... I don't really understand your point?

Another thing to consider before dedicating time to a keeper...what if you do have good solid minor league keepers who are 2, 3 or 4 years away from contributing anything....can you say for sure the league will even be going that far into the future?

***You MUST have good dedicated owners in a keeper league or you are wasting your time!***
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers