Anyone up for a game of MAFIA? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Anyone up for a game of MAFIA?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Anyone up for a game of MAFIA?

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:02 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
DaShiz23 wrote:I'm interested. Haven't played either, but what the heck.

Cool! I think you'll like it ;-D

So, now that we have 7 (assuming everyone who said so is still on board), do we want to wait for 2 more, or start with the less-than-ideal (but doable) 7?

might as well give it till Monday. maybe we could see if any Lightsiders are interested?
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DaShiz23 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:05 pm

Monday works
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:39 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:
DaShiz23 wrote:I'm interested. Haven't played either, but what the heck.

Cool! I think you'll like it ;-D

So, now that we have 7 (assuming everyone who said so is still on board), do we want to wait for 2 more, or start with the less-than-ideal (but doable) 7?

might as well give it till Monday. maybe we could see if any Lightsiders are interested?

Good idea - I'll make a post over there this afternoon and then we'll give it until either Monday or we have 9, whichever happens first ;-D
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DaShiz23 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:24 pm

Did I miss this?
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:34 pm

DaShiz23 wrote:Did I miss this?

Nope! Sorry it's lost a little bit of steam, but I just got bogged down last week and kind of forgot. I am going to make a post on the light side today to see if we can round up 2 more people, and hopefully we'll have an update in the next 48 hours or so ;-D
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby urbanbreez » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:28 pm

Did I miss this?
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:22 pm

urbanbreez wrote:Did I miss this?

Nope, just trying to troll up 2-3 more guys - hoping everyone who originally showed interest is still down to play :-o

Sorry this has taken so long to get off the ground after we were so close initially :-/
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Postby urbanbreez » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:26 pm

Maybe if you break out the rules/how to play we'd get some more people that want to try?
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:51 pm

urbanbreez wrote:Maybe if you break out the rules/how to play we'd get some more people that want to try?

Good idea - I'll do some digging and see what I can find (unless any of the more experienced players have them/know better where to find them :-? )...
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Postby J35J » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:22 pm

Here's what I got quickly off the top of my head...

9 players total can be broken out in any number of ways with any number or types of roles...generally its something like...
5 regular towns people
1 doctor(who is also just a towns person)
1 investigator(who is also just a towns person)
2 mafia members

The only people that know the roles of anyone else are the 2 mafia members know who each other are...otherwise nobody has any idea.

The game starts on Day 1 which will last until everyone comes up with a majority vote of who to "lynch". The moderator will start a Day 1 thread and everyone just pretty much starts talking and trying to get people to say things that might tip their hand of who they are. You can accuse people of things, you can post alot of stupid stuff, you can say nothing at all, you can say whatever you want within the thread but there is no talking to people about the game outside of the thread, i.e. no PM's

So everyone continues to talk and discuss things until you are ready to vote for someone. You vote for someone by simply posting Vote: J35J. You can UnVote: J35J if you want as well but you can't unvote if the majority has been reached and that person is lynched. Sometimes you may want to vote to get someone to start talking who may be sitting out of most of the discussions....sometimes you'll vote for someone just to get them to try to defend themselves...maybe if they get too defensive they may have something to hide?? You do it anyway you want and for any reason you want.

So anyway, since the games starts with 9 players Day 1 lasts until someone has a majority vote on them, in this case 5 votes. Once the majority is reached that person is lynched and out of the game. At this point that players role is revealed and it becomes Night.

During night, nobody can talk in the thread anymore(you are sleeping).

At night the mafia come out to play. The mafia are the only people that are allowed to talk at night but they'll do there talking through PM and they will come up with who they want to murder and be out of the game. They will PM the moderator their decision.

Also at night the investigator will PM the moderator who he/she wants to investigate and this means he'll learn the role of that particular player. It will be up to the investigator if he/she wants to reveal what he/she found out the next day, if you do tell you may be able to help the town, but at the same time you'll most definately be the next target of the mafia.
And last but not least the doctor will choose someone to save, if the person he chooses to save is the same person the mafia chooses to kill at night then that person lives.

Once all of these things are taken care of through PM with the moderator the moderator will start a Day 2 thread and post the results of what all happened at night...who died and if someone may have been saved. Only the dead will have there name revealed though.

So then it is Day 2 and everyone gets to start discussing what took place and try to figure out voting patterns from the day before and use what you found out from the Day before with what happened that night....and all the accusations start again....Night 2...Day 3...Night 3, etc

The game ends when the town gets rid of all the mafia or if the mafia equal or outnumber the towns people.

Just a note...•Day 1 can get long and tiring as there isn't really alot to go on in terms of voting patterns and no night kills ect, but once Day 1 is through the game gets more interesting so keep that in mind.•No editing posts! - If you say something you didn't mean to, that's your mistake. Check your posts before hitting submit. Obviously there is no way to control this so you have to take it upon yourself to play by the rules
•People not playing, or already eliminated must remain silent - The remaining members of the game are supposed to pickup clues by themselves. They can lie or say whatever they need to. Having outsiders point things like this out ruins the game
Mafia Link
Mafia Link
Mafia Link
Last edited by J35J on Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 387)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk